• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Jimbo45

1. Jimbo45

Temp gauge over clocked, past pegged, not overheating 1995 Ranger 2.3L

I have a 95 ranger 2.3L with 90k miles, that I use to commute to work. I noticed one day on my way home, the temp gauge was pegged off the chart, way past H, at about the 11 o'clock position. I panicked for a second, but knew the engine wasn't really that hot, since I had only driven about a...
  2. Jimbo45

Anyone else fly heli's here?

Here's mine
  3. Jimbo45

A/C high side service port major leak after charging. Help

Hey folks. I bought my beater '95 Ranger 2wd 2.3L this winter primarily for a work commuter. I have been going through it, fixing everything and making it reliable. With the recent warm weather, I tried out the A/C. Previously, I had noticed the low pressure switch electrical connector...
  4. Jimbo45

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Glocks. Keep in mind, they are a combat gun, with a combat trigger, that does what it is designed to do, and not for a crisp 2 pound trigger break, as a target or plinking gun. Good to go with what you are most comfortable with, for sure. Enjoy...
  5. Jimbo45

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

4.0, how many rounds did you have through your Bersa's? Most guns can go a few boxes without issues, even the Ravens and Lorcins do that. What did a Glock "do that it wasn't supposed to do", for you? Malfunctioning Glocks are certainly not the norm, most guys in the know, will tell you that...
  6. Jimbo45

What seats will fit my '95 Supercab?

I am finalizing the essentials on my work commuter Ranger. Other than some new paint on the hood and front fenders, and some exhaust work, it is almost done. One of my biggest gripes, though, is the driver's seat. It is all broken down (before I got it), and little chunks of foam regularly...
  7. Jimbo45

Looking at Tacoma and Ranger tomorrow....help

Looking at Tacoma and Ranger tomorrow...(*pics of trade now) Hey folks. I have and plan to keep, my beater '95 ext cab 4 cyl. Ranger as my DD and love it in all its simplicity and "beaterness". I got it to commute to work and back, and fixing it up has renewed my love for Rangers that I used...
  8. Jimbo45

Help! Clicking sound after new plugs and timing belt

Engine: 1995 2.3L, 80,000 miles. Man, I just spent the past two nights installing new double platinum plugs, new Gates timing belt and TB tensioner, thermostat, temp sender, PCV valve, and a new accesory belt. I am a fairly experienced hobby mechanic, and I followed instructions for the TB...
  9. Jimbo45

Check out my new beater....

Hi all! Its been a long time since I have had a Ranger. Back in my younger years, I had a reg cab '93 2.3L 2wd, and later an ext cab '96 4.0L 4x4. I always loved those little trucks. But, after having a family, and bigger towing requirements, now years later, I have since driven cars, SUV's...
  10. Jimbo45

For those that have replaced leaf spring hangers...

Hey guys and gals, new to the forum, and wasn't sure where exactly to put this thread. I recently picked up a well used '95 2wd with 2.3L and 5sp man. I got most of the issues ironed out the past few nights (not sure if have the cab water leak fixed yet :icon_confused:), and just noticed that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad