• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Jim_Philly

1. Jim_Philly

Wanted 2006-2011 Silver ("Steel/Ebony") Radio Bezel 2WD

Looking for the 2006-up bezel with the passenger side airbag indicator hole on the upper right, no 4WD switch, in silver (which was called "steel" by Ford). Exact part number 7L5Z-1004302-JA. I'm collecting parts for a manual transfer case swap on my 2007 and would like to "delete" the 4WD...
  2. Jim_Philly

What is this blank instrument panel connector?? 1998-2011

My clip-on cell phone holder broke the driver's side HVAC louver/vent on my 2007 Ranger and I was looking for replacements. While browsing, I noticed the yellow circled wiring harness placeholder on the back of the instrument cluster trim panels, it's on most Ranger/Explorer parts listings I've...
  3. Jim_Philly

What part # is the lower dash aux port / pocket bezel/trim?

I am looking for the lower center dash piece from a 2010-2011 Ranger (maybe as far back as 2008?) after they added traction control as pictured below. I want to re-purpose the traction control button for other purposes and my '07 only has the audio aux port. Older versions had the passenger...
  4. Jim_Philly

Transmission Inquiry / Request for assistance

In case you need to replace any bearings, seals, etc: https://cobratransmission.com/m5r1-bearing-gasket-and-seal-kit-all-5007001-1 If you need synchro rings, it's tricky because one of them (maybe 3rd gear?) is impossible to find for the HD because it's some 2-piece design. Been a while...
  5. Jim_Philly

Found! 7-Wire (8-position) Round Connector BW1354 Electronic Transfer Case Motor

If someone has replaced their Borg-Warner electronic shift transfer case motor recently, please let me know if you still have the old one and could cut off the wiring pigtail and send to me at my shipping cost. Thanks!
  6. Jim_Philly

(Another) Manual Transfer Case Swap: 2003 FX4 L2 >> 2007 FX4 L2

I dug into the manual vs electric t-case diagrams to see if the manual shift cam and the electric shift shaft could co-exist and be frankenstein'ed together. Spoiler -- they cannot. So I've abandoned the rotary encoder option. I was just throwing the Behemoth module out there as an argument...
  7. Jim_Philly

You know... If you can just slap one of those Behemoth Drivetrain manual shift conversion kits on an electric case, then I should be able to do what I described and just leave the motor harness unplugged, right?
  8. Jim_Philly

As far as I know, my '07 doesn't have traction control (actually, I didn't know the '10-11 even had it). The Forscan programming is a good idea, I'll explore that. But the fact that even the older 2003 setup had a 4-Low status output direct to the PCM makes me think that the truck "needs" that...
  9. Jim_Philly

Hi all -- there are a lot of threads here about swapping out an electric-shift BW1345 transfer case for the manual-shift version. I have an electrical/electronics-related question. I have a 2003 FX4 L2 donor truck complete with all of the required mechanical parts in excellent shape (body...
  10. Jim_Philly

por 15 or eastwood products?

If you can wait for the products to be back in stock, go with Mastercoat rust sealer and then AG-111 topcoat: https://nomorerust.com/store/rust-stop-paints/8-mastercoat-pemanent-rust-sealer.html https://nomorerust.com/store/finish-coatings/9-mastercoat-ag111-frame-paint.html If you're...
  11. Jim_Philly

Ford OEM (Powercode) Remote Start - Manual Trans Clutch Position Switch Workaround?

This remote start has a dedicated remote, as well as a PATS/immobilizer bypass module. The PCM looks for the clutch pedal position switch to break the ground connection, indicating that the clutch is depressed - that is what I need to work around since the remote start unit does not have a...
  12. Jim_Philly

Ford OEM (Powercode) Remote Start - Manual Trans Clutch Position Switch Workaround?

Hi All, I purchased a Powercode Gen-2 ("Ford Genuine" 7L5Z-19G364-AA) remote start with the correct wiring harness for my 2007 Ford Ranger (4.0L FX4) with 5-speed manual transmission. I've tracked down the installation manual and wiring diagram and I am mostly good to go. The OEM remote start...
  13. Jim_Philly

M5R1 Rebuild Kit Identification

Hey there! How did this project go? My truck is still sitting and I'm finally getting ready to actually do the rebuild, haha.
  14. Jim_Philly

Surprises when doing tensioner and guide replacement.

Thanks for the o-ring info!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad