• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JeffAllen

1. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

Yeah you pay a price for them but I plan on having rhis truck for quite awhile for a daily driver to my work and in the winter the roads get really rough and salty so the 409 stainless and ceramic coating combined should keep them looking new for years. You can get some nice looking Stainless...
  2. 1992 / 1999 4.0 Head swap

The way the factory airbox is designed I don't see a reason to remove it its already a cold air intake the only thing that needs to be done to it is remove the baffle from the front of the airbox and enlarge the inlet hole and a larger volume of air will be forced into the intake the faster you...
  3. Differences between 4.0 OHV headers for 90-97 and 98-2000 model Rangers

My 2000 has never been a Commiefornia truck and still had the 2 extra smaller converters just below the exhaust manifolds and several other 2000 models I he seen also had them so I'm guessing all 2000 models had these smaller converters below the manifolds..
  4. Differences between 4.0 OHV headers for 90-97 and 98-2000 model Rangers

I can tell you with 100% certainty the 95-97 headers will fit the 98-2000 model Rangers perfectly as I just installed a set of JBA's on my 2000 4.0 Ranger. Fit like a glove. The factory exhaust would have to be slightly modified by an exhaust shop to bolt back up but that's very minor stuff.
  5. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

I will have pics in the next week or so the header's are being ceramic coated right now and should be finished this week.
  6. 1992 / 1999 4.0 Head swap

Hey Gaz I will probably build a new shortblock for my 2000 Ranger within the next few years to replace the tired stock 23k miler..I just replaced the heads on the old motor with 98TM style heads I ported and polished and am putting it all back together now..Also ported and polished the Lower...
  7. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

I ended up buying the JBA 95-97 specific headers and Y Pipe that I won't be using for the old 2000 Ranger. Just so everyone knows the 95-97 specific headers will fit the 98-2000 4.0 Rangers like a glove.The only reason they say the 95-97 headers won't fit is because the stock exhaust won't bolt...
  8. Where to buy bare 98TM heads recommendation?

I bought mine fully assembled from Promaxx Performance.Stay away from Ford heads get aftermarket castings.
  9. How to build a 4.0 OHV for power, some limits and tips...

Roller rockers are non existent for the 4.0 unless you were to have them custom made. There are a few different cams comp cams sells for it. I just ordered new Promaxx 4.0 heads from Jegs.
  10. How much power did you lose with cracked heads on your 4.0 ohv?

Nope I'm not rebuilding the whole motor just what's needed..It has good oil pressure, don't burn or leak a drop of oil, and ran fine just low on pulling power so I'm gonna fix what's broke and let it eat..
  11. How much power did you lose with cracked heads on your 4.0 ohv?

Why would I pull a motor that doesn't smoke,use a drop of oil, all cylinders and pistons look perfect to rebuild the bottom end? All it needs is new heads,gaskets and im gonna replace the waterpump,rockers and pushrods while I'm at it...
  12. Electric fan conversion.

What vehicle was this fan pulled from? I'm trying to find an electric fan to work on my 2000 4.0.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad