• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Jeepsandrangers

1. 1985 Ranger Fuel Pump Wiring

For more background, it is a 4x4 1985 Ford Ranger with a 1988 T-bird 2.3T engine in it. Was originally a naturally aspirated 2.3
  2. 1985 Ranger Fuel Pump Wiring

I running my truck the other day and it ended up just choking itself out and dying. After a quick investigation I noticed when priming before starting I could no longer hear the high pressure pump that is mounted on the frame. But I could hear the the pump in the fuel tank. my question is: Is...
  3. First Gen tachometer

Wired in a tach into my 85 Ranger, tapped into the dark green-yellow striped wire on ignition coil as I saw on forum before. The tach works,, kind of,, it is reading probably double the real output. Any ideas why that might be ? Appreciate the help guys Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. 85 Ranger- 88 t-coupe swap timing

1988 thunderbird turbocoupe 2.3l. Just had my engine rebuilt not too long ago. I got the engine to startup and it will idle. But when I try to time it, trying to do “shining light” test on the #1 spark plug. Whenever I try to move the distributor to set it about 10°-15° below top dead center, it...
  5. 1354 T-case shift linkage

Swapped out my fm 145 to the M5od transmission. The linkage for the t-case is just slightly too short to bolt into the mounting location on the M5od. Been trying to find the right shift linkage to fit my setup (early 90’s Rangers with M5od or a4ld) and have had no luck finding any at the local...
  6. 90-96 Ranger 4x4 drive shaft

Looking for a drive shaft for 90-96 Ranger 4x4 drive shaft 114” WB. Doing a M1 swap in my 85. Just wanted to see what’s out there before I get mine chopped to fit. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. 1354 Transfer case shift linkage

Doing a 2.3T swap on my 85 ranger, swapping over to the M5od transmission. Having trouble finding the shift linkage for the transfer case at local yards. If you have availability to this let me know. I’m located in SE Texas. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Emission light problem

Hello all , I have a 85 ranger 2.3 and I am having problems with my emission light. Last night driving home (with headlights on of course) when driving the emission light on the dash came on and started flickering, but the flickering emission light made my headlights, dash lights, and radio...
  9. M5od boot and shifter

Looking for boot and shifter out of 88-92 ranger 4wd for both transfer case and transmission. Looked in salvage yards around my location in SE Texas but no luck. Appreciate the help! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. 85 2.3T swap

hello everyone. finally after a year of searching ive found a 88 turbo coupe and was able to purchase it as a donor for my 85 EFI 2.3 ranger. being a broke college student I cant afford to make the ranger quite the vehicle that I want it to be. so for now im just going to run the stock psi on...
  11. 85 ranger 4x4 2.3t swap

Very new to this but my grandpa had an 85 ranger just sitting and told me if I could get it running I could have it. Needless to say it is a fully functional vehicle now. But it is creeping up on 150k miles, so I find myself planning for the future. Moving on, I had a quick question I was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad