• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Jbrown1238

1. Jbrown1238

306 V8 Ranger, valve train noise identified

Found the Problem that was causing a little valve train noise. Wait until you see this! Turned out to be a little bit of excessive cam wear. Apparently the cam is the week link in this build. The metal properties of the Comp Cam limits the maximum mileage to about 150,000 miles with .512 lift...
  2. Jbrown1238

New valve springs and lifters on the 306

Now that the "new" motor is over the 200,000 mile mark I thought new valve springs and lifters were in order. A few weeks ago I had my son swap the lifters and valve springs for me while we were chasing down some top end noise. This is the first time I have had the valve covers off and it was...
  3. Jbrown1238

306 Ranger, pulling timing at tip in

I am having an issue with my 306 V8 Ranger that seems to come and go. Any feedback or brain storming ideas would be appreciated as to what might be causing the issue. I will try to provide as much information as possible to help identify what might be occurring. I will include a list of...
  4. Jbrown1238

Reg cab frame versus Super Cab

I know this probably belongs in a different section of the forum but all my "boys" are over here. Question: Is the rear frame section for the 1999-2000 the same dimensions for super cab versus reg cab? I think all of the different dimensions are forward of the rivited joint but I need to be...
  5. Jbrown1238

99 V8 Ranger, no crank issue

I tried to crank over my 99 V8 Ranger today. I have power at the key and the dash, the fuel pump primes as it should. The engine will not crank over. I did discover that the crank position sensor was unplugged. I have not had a chance to test fire it now that the issue with the crank sensor has...
  6. Jbrown1238

Call out for Rwenzing & RangerSVT

I have double checked my notes and read everything I could find previously received from both of you. I feel confident I have all of my bases covered with the initial wiring for test start purposes. But then again, four or six eyes are better than two. Here is a quick rundown of the wiring...
  7. Jbrown1238

Help writing custom tune, SCT X4

I am looking for some help writing a custom tune for the following set up. The tune will be an initial tune simply to get the truck started for the first time. I am not sure the OEM tune will allow the truck to fire with the modifications I have performed. I am using a SCT X4 7015 tuner. Please...
  8. Jbrown1238

Hellwig 7511 rear sway bar and DJM Flip Kit

I did a search but could not get any firm info. I am looking for confirmation that a Hellwig 7511 rear sway bar will or will not fit a 1999 Ford Ranger with a DJM Flip Kit. I have heard that there might be interference between the sway bar and the DJM plates. If anyone has photos of their...
  9. Jbrown1238

Recommendations for a SCT Tuner & Vendor

I am just about ready to purchase a new SCT Tuner and I am looking for opinions on which model to buy and who to buy from. I have looked at the tried and true SCT SF3 and the newer SCT X4. Any opinions on which of the two work better for the 2001 Explorer 5.0/ 1999 Ranger swap. T5, no cats, 114...
  10. Jbrown1238

04 extended cab seats in a 99 reg cab?

I did a little research but didn't find any real answers. Can any one tell me for sure if a set of 04 extended cab bucket seats will bolt into a 99 regular cab Ranger?
  11. Jbrown1238

Where to find 13 inch hubs and brackets?

Anyone know of a source for the kit to adapt 13 inch Cobra front brakes to a 99 Ranger. I have been on a waiting list for a while for a new set out of Canada but wanted to look into any other options that may be available. I need the hubs and brackets for a 10 inch 99 brake rotor.
  12. Jbrown1238

Proper push rod length

I am working on a 306 with GT40P heads, stock valves, Ford Racing lifters, Comp Cam, stock rockers. The block deck surface is OE spec but the heads were decked and the tops of the valve stems were cleaned up a bit. I mocked up my OE push rods to see how close they were. I was hitting my torque...
  13. Jbrown1238

1999 8.8 axle specs

I did a search but could not find any info that was conclusive. I am getting ready to order 31 spline Moser axles for my 1999 8.8 housing. The problem is they only offer ready to order axles for 93-97 model year Rangers. My question is as follows. Is there any specs that vary from the 1997...
  14. Jbrown1238

Approx. weight of frame

Can anybody give me the approximate weight of a bare frame for a 1999 2wd regular cab Ford Ranger. No suspension, nothing attached, just the frame itself.
  15. Jbrown1238

Trans noise, 98 2wd 5 spd

I have a 1998 Ranger 2 wd, 2.5 4 cyl, with a 5 speed manual trans. It has 192,000 miles and just started making noise earlier today. When I release the clutch from a dead stop (in first or revere) I can hear a slight grinding noise. It sounds like it is coming from inside the transmission. The...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad