• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JBOY.1

1. Hey. Got a Ranger, let the refit begin.

You said you had a noisy transmission but I had no idea where you were located. Needed to find out. Pittsburgh is a fairly good drive from Chesapeake.
  2. Hey. Got a Ranger, let the refit begin.

PS where are you located, just in case.
  3. Hey. Got a Ranger, let the refit begin.

Plays with itself
  4. Hey. Got a Ranger, let the refit begin.

Let me check with my other half about rebuilding it, she might not want to help that much. Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it.
  5. Hey. Got a Ranger, let the refit begin.

Its an 87 with a 2.9L automatic. Trans is bad, lower gears seem okay but reverse is gone and there's such bad slipping in the higher gears I hought the engine was going to blow on a recent test drive. I need a "new" trans and hope someone will be able to help point me in the right direction for...
  6. Hey. Got a Ranger, let the refit begin.

Of the Ranger or the tranny? I can take a picture of the truck, no problem; trans still in truck, problem 😆
  7. 87 with a bad tranny

It's a 2.9L with a bad tyranny, doesn't go into reverse and slipping badly in drive (lower gears seem to be working). I'm in serious need of a running vehicle and looking for recommendations on where I might get a really decent price on a good used tranny. In Chesapeake, Va. area.. Thanks in...
  8. Hey. Got a Ranger, let the refit begin.

Hope to be able to get and give info on this pickup, to keep em going strong.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad