• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JayGeePee

1. JayGeePee

1997 Ford Ranger still over-heating

Hey fellas, I'm sure this has been answered on this forum before but I cant find it on here. My truck just recently started over-heating and I've done some trouble shooting. So far I did my thermostat, radiator cap and fan clutch. I flushed the radiator also. That pretty much leaves my pump or...
  2. JayGeePee

1997 3.0L Standard Tranny Fluid?

I was wondering what kind of transmission fluid goes in the standard in my 97 Ranger? I read somewhere its not plain AOD or type F its something I cant remember. I have a rear seal leaking and need to top the tranny back off until I can fix it.:icon_confused:
  3. JayGeePee

Power Door Locks?

I was wondering how hard or expensive it would be to put power door locks in my truck with a remote for keyless entry? Is there a universal kit, or what is recommended?:icon_confused:
  4. JayGeePee

Hurricane Earl...

Well fella's I just happen to live right were Hurricane Earl is headed, the NC East Coast. I'm all set up with a full tank of gas, candles, canned food, water, ice, etc. Wish me luck tomorrow, as I will be feeling the wrath of Mother Nature, and hoping my tucks dont get any damage from limbs, or...
  5. JayGeePee

1984 Ranger weight?

I've been looking around the net trying to find a straight answer on how much a 1984 Longbed Ranger with the V6 weighs? All I can come up with is what the truck is capable of carrying plus its weight. I was thinking somewhere in the ballpark of 2800-3000 lbs. Maybe less, maybe more.
  6. JayGeePee

Tune up + some!

Well next weekend I'm changing out a bad Cam Synchro, CPS, doing a oil change, plugs and wires, new tires w/alignment, new alternator, and belt. I was wondering if there were any more recommendations of anything else I should do while I'm Forking out the Doe. Heres a question; When I fire up my...
  7. JayGeePee

Ranger Petition

I'm trying to get a good online petition together for a more powerful ranger option... Something like the new 305hp V6 in the Mustang or something comparable in performance would be a nice factory option. Because lets face it the Rangers are beautiful trucks, but are lacking in the performance...
  8. JayGeePee

Aerostar Intake

Has anyone tried the aerostar intake on there 3.0L Ranger? I've heard of this being done-Also heard it gives more bottom end torque and top end power than the stock one. I'm assuming its that way on the aerostar because not only does it weigh more than the ranger but its also suppose to carry...
  9. JayGeePee

1983-88 Pillar Gauges

I am currently customizing a pillar gauge setup for my 1984 Ranger. I searched high and low for them but couldn't find one. So I found a good website that shows a good way to do your own. I'll post pictures of my progress... I hope it turns out all right.:dunno: If there is a setup about my...
  10. JayGeePee

84 Ford Ranger

I have a question about a truck i'm buying this weekend. Its a 1984 Ranger thats already been set up for a 5.0 motor. The guy that owns it had a motor in it for 4 months with a C4 auto, and a fuel cell in the bed. I asked him what rear-end he has in the truck, he said a 7.5 with stock gears. My...
  11. JayGeePee

3.0L Gas Mileage?

I was wondering why my Ford Ranger is getting less miles to the gallon than my 5.0 coupe did? I was getting 20-25 in my 5.0, and i'm getting 17-22 in my Ranger. They both have standard trannys, but the 5.0 had alot more go than my Ranger does. The gas mileage I indicated for both cars are thru...
  12. JayGeePee

Clutch Adjustment?

I was wondering how you adjust the clutch in a 1997 ranger? I cant find anything on adjusting it. I have to push my clutch to the floor to shift and I dont like that, it makes it harder to drive...:icon_confused:
  13. JayGeePee

Nascar

What do you Boys(and girls) think about Nascar losing Chevy, and Dodge? I mean its an American Sport right? Anyway Its The CEO's fault on both parts... Ford had the most debt out of all three, and is doing the Best right now. If I were you, I'd invest in Ford stock - I'm seeing good things in...
  14. JayGeePee

Seafoam?

I was wondering what any of you guys thought about Seafoam. From what I'v seen its good stuff. Its suppose to displace water, burn carbon out of your motor, injectors, carbs, etc. I was wondering if any of you guys have used it in your Ranger, and what was the out come. Check it out here -...
  15. JayGeePee

Clutch Replacment?

When my clutch is depressed I hear a loud annoying screetching sound, but only when I push it in. So I'm guessing my clutch is getting ready to go out. I can barely get the truck into gear, even when I'm rolling. So I was wondering if thats what it is?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad