• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jax4bangin

1. jax4bangin

2004-2.3l. troubles

the duratec engine is famous for the tick. mine has done it since day 1 and now has 86k problem free miles. i wudnt worrie bout it
  2. jax4bangin

09 ranger 2.3L noise in cold start

my 07 has been noisy since the day i got it.. also takes a few cranks to start sometimes but lately i turn the key to run with out starting and wait a few secs b4 starting and it fires instantly. i think it jus takes a sec for the fuel to reach the injectors.. got 68k miles on it now with no...
  3. jax4bangin

Pics of stock duratechs with 30" tires???

7.5..u most likely have the 3.73 if u have a manual tranny and reg. cab.. i know that most of the x cab/ auto 4 cyl. trucks have the 4.10 tho
  4. jax4bangin

4x4 std. cab.

since they quit makin the 3.0 v6 last year, i wonder wat the standard cab/short bed 4x4 will have for an engine? or if 4x4 will even be available wit that cab/bed configuration. if 4x4 is available for the std cab/short bed, it could only be the 2.3 or the 4.0 and i gota feelin it wont be the 4.0
  5. jax4bangin

available header for the duratec 2.3!!!!

the company who makes em is called msds headers and exhaust. ppl from rangerpowersports.com are ordering em, i wanna see how they like em before i make the call
  6. jax4bangin

need professional advice on fabtech A-arms

my 2007 ranger coil sprung truck is all stock in the front. my upper arm bushings are almost totally gone and ball joints will prolly need to be replaced soon.. so my ideal plan would be to buy fabtech's upper controll arms with bushings and ball joint because both the bushings and bj are...
  7. jax4bangin

How's your 5-speed tranny holding up?

yea thats wat i thought too but shit its cheaper than 500$ to replace bearings
  8. jax4bangin

No redline on tach

yea its like 5600 er 5800rpm.. these lil engines could prolly spin so much more. wonder how high u could go with out some kind of failure
  9. jax4bangin

In need of advance on my proposed project.

sounds like a good set up to me. ur gearing shud feel pretty close to stock wit the 31's and 4.56s but it is still going to be more rolling resistance so u will feel a small loss in power over stock. as long as u do the re gear that tranny wont be workin much harder than the stock set up.
  10. jax4bangin

How's your 5-speed tranny holding up?

the whine u hear could also be the rear dif.. maybe check it out, put some fresh gear oil in there. in my owners manual, ford says the rear dif lube shud last the life of the vehicle. but when i took it to get re geared at 44k the mechanic said the bearings were burnt up and i saw it for...
  11. jax4bangin

Ford Racing Head

wonder wat the gains wud be and the price$$
  12. jax4bangin

long tube headers for the duratec ranger

some one make em and i will buy em! haha
  13. jax4bangin

long tube headers for the duratec ranger

some one make em and i will buy em! haha
  14. jax4bangin

valves are talkin back

i bet it was jus defective man cause all the duratec forums on here, rangerpowersports, and ford focus forums dont have any threads bout engine failure
  15. jax4bangin

Primium Fuel (advantage?)

agreed:icon_thumby:... but i dont kno why u think 30 mpg sounds far fetched.. when i had stock wheels and tires i wud get aroung 31-33 mpg all highway going about the speed limit(65-70).. and even now with 30" bfg's and 4.56 rear end gears i average 28 mpg

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad