• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JavaG66

1. JavaG66

Help me not pressure wash the engine

Agreed. Even though I like fixing things, that & one mosquito will cause me to indefinitely postpone the work.
  2. JavaG66

That sounds tedious, but if I’m honest with myself, it’s probably less involved than stripping the engine of anything that I don’t want to get water into. Good counsel.
  3. JavaG66

So I just got this 2000 4x4 Ranger with 198k miles on it. I don’t think it’s ever, never been washed and it’s bugging me. Orange mud on top of the black plastic manifold & black soot on top of that. How involved is it to remove the wiring harnesses and re-install them without taking the time...
  4. JavaG66

'02 Ranger XLT - rear frame replacement

I just want to say that this is an interesting thread with a lot of good replies. I am considering buying a 2000 ranger that lived most of it’s life in Wisconsin, and it’s almost as bad as Arkan’s. Thanks for posting this Arkan!
  5. JavaG66

Factory running board rusted. What do you think?

I’m not sure that POR15 is the best solution, but you should give it serious consideration. I also have used it quite a bit and it’s exceeded my expectations. I patched the rotted out pan of my 66 beetle several years ago and it’s still solid as a rock.
  6. JavaG66

Might be a Ranger owner again

Hi folks, I had a 86 XLT for many years and received much help here while I owned it. Thank you! Somewhere along the line I finally realized that I was expecting (overloading it) too much from it and sold it. I now have a chance to buy a 2000 rust bucket just to have spare transportation...
  7. JavaG66

Did I bend the crankshaft?

I replaced the motor mounts under my 2.9L. To do so, I made a wood cradle to fit the front pulley and jacked it up. Now there is a low rumble vibration. I put a dial indicator on the pulley and while turning the engine with a wrench, I get 0.005” difference. So should I be feeling really...
  8. JavaG66

A4LD Swap Question 90 Aerostar => 86 2.9

Hi I’m in need of a transmission for my 86 Ranger, or am looking at taking mine in for some expensive repair. I found a 90 Aerostar in the bone yard with a grey painted A4LD. The case is cleaner than I would expect, so I’m thinking this might not be the original. I didn’t look closely at the...
  9. JavaG66

Vehicle speed sensor for '86

I'm looking to add some gadgetry to my '86 Ranger. Does anyone know of a VSS from a newer model that would plug into the A4LD, and then the original mechanical cable plug into that? Or better, one that sat on the back of the speedometer? Thanks!
  10. JavaG66

Old member saying Thanks

Thanks to you regulars who answer my questions -often before I ask them. Thanks to you on this July 4th who served this country. And especially thanks to Jesus Christ, who died so that I might have eternal life. I bought my '86 Ranger in 1991 and it has not always been a good ride. But in that...
  11. JavaG66

How much gas?

Can someone tell me how much R-12 Ford originally specified for a '86 extended cab 2.9L? My sticker is long gone. Thanks!
  12. JavaG66

Fuel Pumps Expertise Sought

At the Schrader valve on the injector rail: KOEO- 5 psi Idle - 30 psi Faster- 28 psi Truck cranks up and drives fine, does not idle well, is weak/misses at low rpms and smells like i'm just shooting raw gas straight out the back end. Anything above an idle it seems to run fine. So in the...
  13. JavaG66

Black death paranoia - advice sought

Hi folks I found 3 or 4 black flecks about the size of a grain of salt, and a slightly bigger piece of white fuzz on the screen of the orifice. Should I be taking a chance not flushing? I don't have a flush rig, or I wouldn't be asking this. The system was last opened about 3 years ago. It has...
  14. JavaG66

87ish electronic Ford radio CLOCK question

My radio/tape player has the green LED display that when you push the volume control, the time is displayed for a few seconds, and then it returns to the radio station. I want it to be the other way around, so that the time is the default display, and the radio station number shows up when the...
  15. JavaG66

Fuel pump question

What are the chances of a fuel pump running constantly, but not pumping constantly? Fuel pressure drops out after truck has run about 10 minutes and dies. :icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad