• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jamsession

1. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

yeah gonna start workin through the trouble shooting guide tomorrow. I'll post some pics of the ignition cylinder or whatever it's called. It really is mangled to all hell lol. I am suspicious of it too as well, I kinda thought maybe it had triggered a failsafe, but perhaps that's too much for a...
  2. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

will do, thanks a mil. I'll keep this thread updated or sumn
  3. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

Great to hear man, I have this vision in my head of what it'll look like in a few months and that's really what is keeping me goin. definitely gonna stick with motorcraft when I can, but nothing beats the good ol pick n pull scrap yards lol
  4. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

alrighty... so tested for spark last night as you guys suggested by plugging in wire boot to plug outside the engine and cranked. No spark... not surprised but questioning my next few moves. I'll look deeper in this forum forsure, but a point in the right direction either on this forum or IRL...
  5. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

awesome, I'll update tonight! TLDR (shouldn't have bought pre-OBD2) lol
  6. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

okay so the wiring harness appears to be fine actually, it's just there are varying degrees of wear on the wires, as in someone likely came in a few months prior and fixed something. hmmm so a spark tester, is that expensive? Can I pick one up at my local O'Reillys? I have a multimeter too...
  7. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

dope, I'm gonna go ahead and do that tongiht then... I'll keep you updated. But regardless what should I be looking to do assuming there is no spark? Am I gonna be chasing grounds and electrical gremlins?
  8. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

Electrical stuff is a nightmare as this engine bay is messy and dirty and has obviously had many hands inside of it (varying aged wires and condition of all wiring). Really I guess that is what I need to look at
  9. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

yeahhh, I have a feeling it's shit grounds or a bad distributor at this point, as I replaced the plugs and the coil pack, OH and I forgot to mention I replaced that god forsaken HORRIBLY placed ICM
  10. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

Not quite sure to be honest, I have to check forsure, but I'm fairly certain they are not... How hard is that to test. To be honest there was a big break between when I was working on this truck only because I got so frustrated with it I took a few weeks away from it
  11. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

haha yep! lucked out with the camper top forsure, I think it compliments the green nicely
  12. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

already can tell this is gonna be a good place for me man... Thanks for making this place welcoming to a noobie
  13. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

Thanks man for responding so fast! so here's what I know is wrong so far. The truck was stolen so the key master cylinder was completely mangled.. I want to take it to a guy I found to have it repaired since it's ripped beyond shreds. Right now I've been using my trusty flathead to turn it into...
  14. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

here she is in all her beauty. I love it, but man... she just sits in my driveway right now taunting me everytime I walk outside.
  15. 1st Project Truck... A nightmare lol...

Hi there all! John here, new to the forum and automotives in general. I've been in love with all things on wheels for as long as I can remember. BUT this project truck is killing that love, so sitting at rock bottom, I've turned to this forum! Anyways onto the good stuff... So two months ago I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad