• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ISX_15

1. ISX_15

85 Ranger Throttle Response Issue

it is arizona aswell so starting off by replacing gaskets should be a good start
  2. ISX_15

you're right ill give that a try, when i was using the carb cleaning outside of the throttle body i did notice the idle fluctuating, perhaps i could have bad seals, i should probably get a gasket kit or something
  3. ISX_15

yeah it does high idle and i did try putting the stop screw enough to the point where it wasnt even touching the throttle cable. tbh all this fuckery this ranger is giving me, considering its hard to even get aftermarket parts for it, i should just opt in for a fullsize pickup for a project...
  4. ISX_15

ok folks so basically when i close the choke just enough, it eliminates that issue im having, so its more like, am i getting too much air? should i adjust anything? or should i look into replacing some mechanical parts or vacuum stuff?
  5. ISX_15

soon ill get some more photos posted in this thread, but what i also had found is a empty connector on the driver side on the wheel well, for the ECM? unconnected plug next to the transmission, perhaps the shift light sensor or something i dont know two more unconnected cables on the passenger...
  6. ISX_15

quick update, cleaned carb, idles okay, revs okay, but like i said once its full throttle it stalls out, not sure if its too much fuel or not enough. i looked inside the carb and its getting fuel and when i open it up full throttle i can see fuel being sprayed in, so perhaps either too much fuel...
  7. ISX_15

also just a note i am not running a muffler, downpipe>cat>side exit sounds good actually haha but im sure its affecting performance maybe.
  8. ISX_15

should i just EGR delete??
  9. ISX_15

its gonna be abit before i get back to my project danger, sitting in my backyard right now. whenever my money is right i have to first replace the starter and get new set of tires :cautious: has about 70k on the odometer but who knows how many rollovers it had. coming from my uncle, he informed...
  10. ISX_15

doesn't improve once it gets up to temp, no clue if choke even works tbh i reside in AZ so cold starting is rare for me. No clue on the size jets, but i can tell you my whole motor is bone stock 2.8L V6. It could be a vacuum issue because this issue didn't start until last year, which is when i...
  11. ISX_15

oo yes i will give that a try, thank you
  12. ISX_15

bump,, i checked the accelerated pump, and there is fuel going into the jets, heres a video to get a general idea, this was from last year, gotten a lot worse now. You can hear it lean out in the beginning when hitting the throttle. Maybe a vacuum issue?
  13. ISX_15

1st gen ranger diesel swap

+ posted pictures of my ranger on profile
  14. ISX_15

1st gen ranger diesel swap

swapping with 4bt soon will keep you all updated when it goes down and set and stone feel free to reply with thoughts ideas and general things i should be aware of. thanks yall see ya soon
  15. ISX_15

4BT Cummins

4BT it is. imo the 302 swaps are too common, i wanna go with something different and fun.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad