• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by hlenhart

1. 2004 - 4.0 Rev Limiter ?

Had one on my 4 wheeler when I was 12 .... I Certainly LOVE my 2004 4.0 Ranger after 20 years of a 1990 2.9 Ranger ... the Issue is that at Exactly 90 mph, engine turns into a Dead & Dying Frog, must be some Computer thing which I know NOTHING about. Any Simple Answers on how to turn OFF...
  2. 2004 Ranger full-time 4wd to 2wd conversion build Post .... saw before, cant find

RonD, Thx ... Yes but my whole point is that even with the transfer case in 2WD, the "locked axle" tires are still spinning All the 300 pounds of 4WD parts unneccesarily, right ?
  3. 2004 Ranger full-time 4wd to 2wd conversion build Post .... saw before, cant find

THX guys !! Found the post... but what I Meant was adding locking hubs so I can choose between 2 & 4wd whenever I want... in the Whole past year I only "Needed" 4wd about 4 days in snow... there's no reason to be in 4wd ALL the time! Here is the conversion I was looking for -...
  4. 2004 Ranger full-time 4wd to 2wd conversion build Post .... saw before, cant find

Pretty sure I saw an Excellent Article on this Site ... Hopefully GAS just to go to Work is Killing Me, 1 1/2 hour drive everyday @ 80 mph ... & I didnt Need 4WD for 2 Years, thanks to Global Warming.... why would U spin 300 pounds of gears & axles around when U dont need them????? Otherwise...
  5. Installing a 3" Body Lift Kit

@alwaysFlOoReD THX Alot 2004 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 3" body lift ... I saw a Totally Full Complete 10 page write-up and I cant find it again, sorry to say it might of been on "another" Ranger site, but it Should be here...........................I LOVE this Site !!!! If I find it again, I will...
  6. Installing a 3" Body Lift Kit

alwaysFlOoReD 8 Years actually , im confused.... I saw a Killer Sticky ? Total write-up on this mod @ 3 weeks ago before i even bought this truck.... it must of been on this Awesome Site, I just cant find it again, but this "Answer" came up' LOL ... any Idea of the post Buddy?? THX
  7. Installing a 3" Body Lift Kit

great "Answer" for my search for 2004 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 body lift ,17 years later
  8. How to Make a 2004 FX4 Level 1 to FX4 Level 2... Simplified Please, already Confused

im startin to Realize I been searchin for every 2004 FX4 for a Year & FX4 doesn't Really mean Anything, besides being a Normal 4x4 with only 2 wheels out of 4 spinning .. thought i did my research, at least I got a Perfectly Cherry truck with a Trailer Hitch, ... if u saw 2004 engine...
  9. How to Make a 2004 FX4 Level 1 to FX4 Level 2... Simplified Please, already Confused

Thx U otis413 , for a Real answer to my question about free wheeling.... but I still would like to find REAL info on FX4 Level 1 vs Level 2, i spent Most of the day on it, seems I can't get a straight Answer on it, even from FORD
  10. How to Make a 2004 FX4 Level 1 to FX4 Level 2... Simplified Please, already Confused

THX Buddy, I already read all that stuff, I suppose my Original Question would be "How to Fix Stupid Front Differential to Free -Wheeling at 80 mph" I've seen some articles, but I still dont understand Factory FX4 level 1 versus level II differential Fundamentals, i guess. ....is there a link I...
  11. How to Make a 2004 FX4 Level 1 to FX4 Level 2... Simplified Please, already Confused

Thx, already Went thru all the tech library & searches, but Still totally confused about FX4 level 1 & 2 Differences.... I want to make this Rare condition Truck right.... Can anybody give me a simple Answer ??? THX U
  12. How to Make a 2004 FX4 Level 1 to FX4 Level 2... Simplified Please, already Confused

For instance ... is an FX4 "Limited Slip Rear Diff" the same as a $1000 Torsen Posi Rear??? starting to doubt it , but really want "free wheeling in front 2wd
  13. How to Make a 2004 FX4 Level 1 to FX4 Level 2... Simplified Please, already Confused

New Truck's actually Coming to my driveway Monday, I've been looking for a Decent 2004 without a Fk 'd Up frame for a year.... to replace my Great 1990 ranger, which probly cost me 25 K over the 30 years, but still Great, but certainly scares crap out of me at 80 mph on turnpike (my new job...
  14. How to Make a 2004 FX4 Level 1 to FX4 Level 2... Simplified Please, already Confused

Maybe I Don't quite understand the "genius" live axle ... 85 % going to work on Turnpike at 80 mph with useless parts goin around & costing Record gas prices per MPG per gallon ... or still %15 slow climbing mountains to go hunting where Nobody's ever been ....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad