• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by HenryMac

1. HenryMac

2021 Ford Ranger Transmission Slips

2019 SuperCab. I've owned it since Sept 2019, that's about 1640 days. The temp's dropped near zero the other day. The transmission slipped for the 1st few gears. What a piece of shit Gonna trade it on a Toyota Satire
  2. HenryMac

MBRP Duals For `23 Ranger XL 2WD

Nothing worse than an inline motor with fake duals... sounds like an elephant farting. Just keeping it real. Elephant farts!!! (youtube.com)
  3. HenryMac

CHECK YOUR SPARKPLUGS! TSB 23-2011

:cautious: What a shitty design. A cavity that holds water, to hold the spark plugs, with a 360 degree enclosure. :poop:
  4. HenryMac

This is Why You Never Run Extended Oil Change Intervals on The Ford Ecoboost Engines! - FordTechMakuloco

Sure, makes sense. But as you know, once a motor starts "eating itself up" it's like a snowball rolling down hill.. little problems become huge in a hurry. I'll bet those screens got plugged up a few thousand miles before it died, and not before. All that metal in the oil means sudden...
  5. HenryMac

This is Why You Never Run Extended Oil Change Intervals on The Ford Ecoboost Engines! - FordTechMakuloco

Be sure to let us know what you find out. I'd be surprised if there is anything at all in the filters on your truck. The motor in the video was road hard and put up wet.
  6. HenryMac

There's a lot of things folks could add... or you could just leave everything alone and change the oil and filter every 4,000 miles.
  7. HenryMac

What Catch Cans are y'all running on the 2.3L EcoBoost?

Where are you spraying the intake cleaner to get it into the intake? I'd be worried about knocking a chunk of carbon or something else loose and wiping out rings or the turbo. But then again... I tend to overthink stuff.
  8. HenryMac

I'm not so sure about that. Top Tier burns cleaner, a cleaner burn means less particulates to deal with, meaning less bits and pieces getting re-routed to the intake to be re-burned, meaning less bits and pieces to get stuck on the valves.
  9. HenryMac

Ranger5g member grammat95 posted updated photo's of the intake valve at 50,000 miles. The valve looks to be about the same, or better, in regard to carbon build up. Maybe that silly little oil separator Ford put on the Ranger ecoboost motors to address these issues... isn't so silly after all?
  10. HenryMac

Brand-New Ford Ranger Raptor Totaled by Dealer Employee With Drink in Hand

Euro model... Brand-New Ford Ranger Raptor Totaled by Dealer Employee With Drink in Hand (motortrend.com)
  11. HenryMac

What did you do to your 2019 and up Ranger today?

I've also got an XL STX... and we wanted the XL to avoid as much hi-tech shenanigan's as possible. I've bought decent used cars for less money than the cost to replace the LED headlights and taillights on these trucks. It's insanity how much those parts run.
  12. HenryMac

Thanks for explaining this. I just looked on the Westin website and reviewed the Installation Instructions For The Bull Bar and the Installation Instructions For The Winch Tray The Bull Bar installation looks like a piece of cake, just remove the tow hooks and bolt the bar on. Holy...
  13. HenryMac

Looks good simply because of the tires and tire offset. On a truck that looks more stock, it would look horrible. A couple questions: How about posting up a photo from the side, to show how far the bull bar sticks out the front? What does the bar bolt too, the front recovery hook area of the...
  14. HenryMac

2021 Ford Ranger Transmission Slips

We live about 1/8 of a mile from the main road. When it's really cold, in the teens or colder, the transmission will slip on the 1st shift once I pull out onto the main road. It doesn't do it unless it's really cold, and it only does it once. And that's in regular mode, not sport mode.
  15. HenryMac

Actually the difference in volume between the two filters is 0.85 cu-in, pretty negligible. The FL-400 is 10% larger than the FL-910S

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad