• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by HD_Slim

1. 2000 2.5L intermitent start / idle problem

This is a 5spd very basic truck no AC or CC. And it runs fine gets decent gas mileage. Has 113K miles bought it about three years back at 97K miles - at that time did a major tune up plugs - wires - etc. About a month ago it began having random starting issues. Cranks - tries to start - dies...
  2. Handling is scary

So I picked up a 2000 2WD Std Cab 4cyl (90k mi) as a work truck and to do the usual dirt road fishing / camping. The previous owner did put on some chrome wheels that allow a slightly taller wider tire and the tires are mud+snow tread. I have not looked at the shocks - but this thing rides...
  3. Going to pull intake off to change plugs ...

I've got a 2000 Ranger in need of a tune-up at 93K miles. I've looked at it - and yeah I probably could pull it off (meaning the plug change) leaving the upper intake body mounted ... but on this first shot at maintenance on this vehicle I'd just as soon make it easy to change both plugs and...
  4. To clutch or not to clutch ....

Or - how do you know when your clutch is about shot ? I've got a 2000 2WD - 4cyl - with about 93K on it. I'm able to get it in/out of gear ok and it shifts just fine. No noises etc. ---- but the clutch doesn't engage until the pedal is 3/4 (or more) released. This just seems wrong to me --...
  5. Tune-up questions - 2000 4cyl

I have just purchased a standard cab 2WD - manual - with 93K miles on it. Any recommendations on spark plug brands/types ? How about ignition wires brands ? Or should I just go Ford OEM parts ? Also - it looks like some of the plugs on the drivers side are gonna be a bi-atch to get to --...
  6. Tune-up info for 2.5L

I just picked up a low miles 90K 2000 2WD - very clean - well taken care of. So what would constitute a general tune-up on this ? -new plugs -plug wires -aircleaner -fuel filter Any part of the ignition system to be looked at or upgraded ? Replace or clean any of the emission control stuff ...
  7. New guy w/Regular cab 2000 needs help

Ok - just got a good deal on a very clean low miles 2000 XL regular cab 4cyl manual tranny. Its got the stock radio and thats gotta go ASAP - but this will be a modest upgrade to start with - will add a amp and small sub later. I've done upgrades on many a rig in the past (young - dumb - full...
  8. Buying a used Ranger

I'm sure you all get tired of this question - but here goes. Going to buy a a '96 - '99 Ranger 2WD - 4 banger in the next week. There are several trucks in good shape ranging from 99K mi to 140K mi. on the market When I buy an older used vehicle I just go in and change the water pump - all...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad