• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by HarshJarsh

1. Stereo deck trouble

FML. The brand new fuse I used was defective. Put a different one in and it's fine. Thank you, everyone for your time. A lesson ill only have to learn once.
  2. Stereo deck trouble

I read the manual, its troubleshooting answer was to try the reset button which I did. Its reading twelve volts on the battery wire, nothing on the accessory wire, which I'm now assuming is the problem. If the wire between the fuse box and the radio is fried somewhere I may not be able to get to...
  3. Stereo deck trouble

I re stripped and re connected the red and yellow wires and re did the ground after I replaced the fuse.
  4. Stereo deck trouble

Ya live and learn. Well, reddit told me to wire the deck directly to the battery via the two power wires and the ground to negative which I just did and the stereo turned on and functioned normally. I've pulled and checked every single fuse in the truck twice now, there are a couple self...
  5. Stereo deck trouble

Because I'm new? I followed the wiring diagram and it was working for the better part of a month before this.
  6. Stereo deck trouble

So I managed to find another JVC deck with the same harness and it's doing the same thing, the only response is to the display button which lights it up for a few seconds. I pressed the reset button on both decks, the CD input does its typical noise then nothing.
  7. Stereo deck trouble

That crossed my mind, unfortunately I cut the old wiring harness' wires as close to the pins as I could to make splicing the new one easier.
  8. Stereo deck trouble

Hey, so a couple weeks ago I wired in an aftermarket stereo, speakers, amp and sub. Everything was operating properly until today when I received a call while my phone was plugged into the auxiliary. I pulled over, took the call and when I went to plug back in but my stereo had lost power. I...
  9. Aftermarket stereo wiring

I figured it out. Cant find an option to delete the thread. Thanks for your time.
  10. Aftermarket stereo wiring

Hey, I'm in the middle of wiring a new stereo deck and both of the diagrams I'm following are telling me that both the front left and right speakers negative connections are black/white. You'll see the same with the left and right rear positive and negative. I cant imagine I would crimp a three...
  11. Oil pressure sending unit to gauge

That description sounds accurate and I'll look specifically there tomorrow. I'm trying to connect the oil pressure sender to my guage on the dash.
  12. Oil pressure sending unit to gauge

I had to replace the sending unit, the wire is tied up to a hose, I cant find the other end connection opposite of the pressure sending unit.
  13. Oil pressure sending unit to gauge

So, when I bought my 1989 Ranger xlt 4x4 2.9 v6 the other end of the oil pressure sending unit was never reconnected after the previous owner rebuilt the engine. I've made countless searches online to no avail and the Haynes manual makes no mention as to how it connects to the guage. Please...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad