• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by greenstranger89

1. slicks and skinnies second gen

what size front and rear wheels do you guys recommend and what is the proper backspacing for them I cant seem too find too much. I really don't want them popping out in the front and rear :dunno:
  2. V8 tachometer wiring

i have an 89 ranger it was originally a 2.3 4cyl till i swapped in a carbed 5.0 i was wondering how i could get the tachometer to read the rpms properly.:annoyed:
  3. speedometer hookup?

Hi i have an 89 ranger that im finishing up a 5.0 t5 swap on from an 84 mustang. I was wondering if anyone knew what i needed. i have a hole in the side of the tranny and the cable that came with the truck what peices am i missing? thanks
  4. 5.0 help

i was nearing completion to my swap but it seems my motor is sitting a couple inches to close to the driverside i used the swap mount kit(the one with the 1/2 or so plates and the convert motor mounts for a mustang how can i go about moving the motor to the driverside?
  5. 89 ranger rear brake bleed problem

i just recently did an explorer 8.8 swap on my 89 ranger and now i can get fluid to the wheel cylinder does anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it. thanks
  6. header issues

hi im getting toward the end of my swap and im having major issues finding headers that work i got a set of headmans that were supposed to be for this swap but they didnt clear the steering shaft or the passenger side frame rail then i tried a set of explorer manifolds which cleared everything...
  7. 302 header problem

hi im getting toward the end of my swap and im having major issues finding headers that work i got a set of headmans that were supposed to be for this swap but they didnt clear the steering shaft or the passenger side frame rail then i tried a set of explorer manifolds which cleared everything...
  8. clutch fiitings????

anyone know what fittings work with an 1989 clutch master cylinder so i can hook it up to a braided line to an 280z slave cylinder?
  9. speaker radio diagram?

hello i have a 1989 ranger that has no radio or radio wires i want to try and put one in does anyone have a wiring diagram for the peakers and radio? the plug is till there but there are no wires to the speaker?
  10. fuel pump wiring

1989 ranger 5.0 swap, was orginally i just need to know what colors need to be hooked to power on the fuel pump in order for it to turn the pump on the colors that are there are black, pink with a black stripe, orange, and a yellow wire.
  11. fuel lines

Can i run my stock fuelines and barbs from a 89 2.3 motor to a carb 5.0 swap or are they to small and i have a return style regulator. Or is there a way to get bigger bars like 3/8" to match up with my regulator? pictures would be great!
  12. ignition, alternator, wiring

im swapping an 84 5.0 into a 89 xlt ranger if posted this before but i havent understood the answers fully. i need everything how to wire all the electric engine components (not sensors) like the ignition starter voltage regulator and the alternator an indepth picture or explanaion would be...
  13. help with wiring msd ignition, voltage regulator and alterantor??

im swapping an 84 5.0 into a 89 xlt ranger if posted this before but i havent understood the answers fully. i need everything how to wire all the electric engine components (not sensors) like the ignition starter voltage regulator and the alternator an indepth picture or explanaion would be...
  14. fuel questions

im swapping a 84 5.0 carb motor into an 89 ranger and im trying to retain the stock fuel sytem. I need to know what the wires are coming out of the top of the sending unit and how to wire them to a relay? Can i use the stock lines and then run 1/4" lines to the regulator at the quick...
  15. brake problem 8.8

hey i recently got an 92 explorer rear to install in my 89 ranger and it was missing the parking brake lever on one side is there any place i should look to find one? thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad