• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Greenasspider

1. Greenasspider

1987 2.9L to a 1991 4.0L

I posted my question under the wrong discussion / thread . the engine is 2006 , and is a SOHC . Thanks for pointing that out . I know correct identification is key to getting the correct info .
  2. Greenasspider

1987 2.9L to a 1991 4.0L

Thanks for the replies .
  3. Greenasspider

1987 2.9L to a 1991 4.0L

Thank you gaz , that tech article was a little helpfull . I have a 4.0L SOHC engine and am trying to keep the FM 146 transmission , but use the 4.0L clutch . Wondering if this works ? I know the bell housing will fit , bolt up to the block .
  4. Greenasspider

1987 2.9L to a 1991 4.0L

Thanks Josh B , nice to meet you as well. I haven't been on here much recently . my truck has been out of commission for about three years . Just getting to the swap . Have everything I THINK I'll need . I learned when I got this truck 17 Years ago to research well ahead of time before starting...
  5. Greenasspider

2.9L to 2006 4.0L SOHC

clutch and flywheel on 4.0L Higher than the 2.9L Flywheel seems to be the biggest difference in height . Can anyone tell me the thickness of the 2.9L flywheel as I no longer have it . ? does anyone know if this will bolt up to the stock bell housing from the 2.9L with release bearing and slave...
  6. Greenasspider

1987 2.9L to a 1991 4.0L

Hi , currently in the middle of swap . 87 supercab 4x4 . 2.9L ,out , dash out . Firewall stripped inside and out . Front clip removed. Installing , 2006 4.0 L SOHC . Donor cab , dash firewall is 2003. I see where the brake , clutch pedal assemblies will be an issue for installing the new dash ...
  7. Greenasspider

2.9L trans to 4.0L engine ?

thanks for the information . Much appreciated.(y)
  8. Greenasspider

sorry ,wasn't clear about lift . I have 5.5 in suspension lift kit . not too crazy about body lifts . However if that's what's needed to make it work. I don't have air conditioning, how much of a body lift will it need ?
  9. Greenasspider

Thanks for the info, I have a 5.5'' lift kit .Will I NEED extra room between frame and body for engine and trans ?
  10. Greenasspider

Thanks for the advice ,what do you recommend I look for to do this swap SOHC 4.0L with 5 spd manual mated to it ? in a vehicle ?
  11. Greenasspider

1987 Ranger 2.9 to 1992 Ranger 4.0 Build

curious .is your FM145 transmission still working ok ?
  12. Greenasspider

is there a place I can look up the torque rating for both engines ?
  13. Greenasspider

I have the Mitsubishi FM145 . Im thinking of re bearing and syncro kit, want to make sure im not wasting money as want to put a 4.0L in front of it
  14. Greenasspider

4-Door Ranger?!?!

Hi Ron ,I see you have done what I am interested in doing . I have an 87 4x4 . 2.9 L with explorer front and rear diffs , is it necessary to put the newer transmission with the 4.0L ? Thanks
  15. Greenasspider

1987 RANGER STX SUPER CAB

i would find a metel fab shop that has a plate bender and could make inserts to go inside the rails and extend from good to bad metal area then bolt the insert to the existing rail , weld anew section over top of the insert to make the rail like original . I have done this with highway trucks ...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad