• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by glovemeister

1. Factory Fogs 1998

So here is a bit of an update. Think I wasn't operating with full brain capacity over the weekend... I went out a jumped the power pins on the switch, expecting to find that my switch was bad. I also messed with the high low/multifunction switch wanting to make sure it was on low mode. I was...
  2. Factory Fogs 1998

55 trucker. Thank you for the reply. So I have installed a factory/plug and play switch, in factory underdash wiring, from I think an explorer. Advertised the same fit as a ranger. I didn't see there was a diode. Evaluating the relay I'm thinking obviously I have 12v in, 12v to lights, a pin...
  3. Factory Fogs 1998

So we are finally getting somewhere. So on my underhood relay #10. I found the one that is 12v, with headlights/key on. I decided to jumper the two big relay posts. I discovered that I had 12v at the end of my foglight harness, and my green foglight on indicator comes on. For fun I attempted...
  4. Factory Fogs 1998

Doh thats right. Thanks for confirming that. IDK why I didn't remember that, only been doing this a bit.
  5. Factory Fogs 1998

So for fun I just went out and tried it. I'm not seeing 12v with test light at either left or right connector. I have verified that #4 fuse is good, and in place in the engine bay compartment. #8 fuse in the dash panel is good. #8 relay was existing, and #10 was not. I switched my ac relay into...
  6. Factory Fogs 1998

So to update everyone in the future. Yes these are factory fog wiring connectors. The larger square plug on the driver side is the daytime running module. For reference here is a picture I found:
  7. Factory Fogs 1998

So I am currently trying to add factory fogs into the truck. Yes, I have searched. I've got the switch wiring behind the dash and the switch. I'm aware I will need to add relays. My issue is where do the fog harneesses connect? I see a 4 pin connector on the driver/passenger size frame area...
  8. 2007-2011 Factory Wheels on 98-01

Curious if anyone has run the factory rims? The u with sparkle seems like a cool option.
  9. Electrical Connectors on Core Support 99 4x4

So I've been looking for factory fog wiring. I notice on driver and passenger side, an existing round factory plug. Close to this there is a round plug that runs over to the hubs, on each side. I am assuming it is some thing that verifies the hubs are locked in. And a larger unused square plug...
  10. 4x4 Diagnosis 98 Ranger Auto Trans

So an update. I went out the other day and drove the ranger to a flat area. I was going to pull the TC shift motor. Before I did so I proceeded to try 4x4 high, heard relay click, hubs lock, TC lock lock in and worked. I also tried 4x4 low, and it worked. Unsure as to what the previous thing...
  11. 98 Ranger Dimmer Switch Wiring

Not able to get a working ebsco login. So I noticed that there is a closed t-tap on a single wire on my dimmer switch. I noticed a cut on another wire in the dimmer switch harness. I can't think of a reason why someone would want/need to t-tap two wires together, but that is the only reason...
  12. 4x4 Diagnosis 98 Ranger Auto Trans

Auto trans, and pulse vac hubs. Haven't tried 4x4 since I got it. It has been sitting a while. Other day I went out and tried the 4x4 selector. I got no dash lights, but I'm reasonably sure I heard the relay click twice. I also don't recall any upon startup/self test. Today I went out and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad