• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by gli7ch556

1. gli7ch556

98 3.0 No fuel pressure

Alright been driving it a little longer and have the following results: Gas mileage has taken a huge dip. Seemed to have used a half tank of gas within 50 or so miles. White smoke has cleared up for the most part, it can be seen every so often but not every single time it runs. It has started...
  2. gli7ch556

98 3.0 No fuel pressure

It doesn't seem like I am losing coolant. Used a gallon of concentrate and a gallon of distilled initially. Had to add a little bit more after running it for a little bit, maybe a quart at most but after that its been holding steady
  3. gli7ch556

98 3.0 No fuel pressure

Well I've gone through about half a tank of fuel. Still thick white smoke that smells like raw gas. Haven't checked the injectors yet, however I have a warranty on all 6 so I may just go ahead and replace them this weekend. Coolant and oil still look good. Even my neighbor came over and was...
  4. gli7ch556

98 3.0 No fuel pressure

Hey guys sorry for the delay but I do have an update. Fuel pump itself was bad. Replaced it under warranty and truck is starting, fuel pressure is good. New problem, exhaust is white and smells like gasoline. Doesn't smell like any coolant or oil burning, and the oil nor coolant seemed to be...
  5. gli7ch556

98 3.0 No fuel pressure

Thanks for the suggestions y'all, I'm going to try it out as soon as this "icepocalypse" is over. And yes it did come with a new sock filter as well. Luckily this isn't my daily driver so time is not an issue.
  6. gli7ch556

98 3.0 No fuel pressure

Hey guys, been working on this Ranger for a few months now and have ran into this issue. Truck won't start. Fuel pressure is reading 0 at the check valve. Have replaced the fuel filter and pump with motorcraft replacements. I can hear the fuel pump when turning the key. When pressing the...
  7. gli7ch556

98 Ranger 3.0 2 weird ticking noises

*FIXED* More than likely it was me rushing and not double triple checking, but one of the rods was slightly off center. Aligned it correctly and it’s all good now.
  8. gli7ch556

OK, did some further diagnosing today and have determined its something with cylinder 3. When disconnecting the cylinder 3 wire from the coil pack, the noise goes away. I'm wondering if it's something with the reman cylinder head I purchased and installed. Here is a better video of the noise...
  9. gli7ch556

Also forgot to add, after hearing the noises, I popped the valve covers off and confirmed all of the rods are seated correctly and no bends or smashed ends. 187K on the Odometer Things I have replaced/repaired on it so far(before the ticking noises occured) Cylinder heads completed with...
  10. gli7ch556

Good afternoon all Just got done replacing the cylinder heads and all other gaskets on this truck. The passenger side head gasket was blown. Drivers side was fine. The truck starts and runs, no CEL, but is lacking power and has two different ticking noises coming from it. The constant...
  11. gli7ch556

New to the forum

What up guys? Newbie here, but have had my Ranger for about a year now. 1998 XLT 4WD, roughly 160,000 miles on it. Just replaced the OEM motorcraft spark plugs and wires, runs like a dream now. Thinking the fan clutch may be going out, as sometimes it overheats during idle for long periods...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad