• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Ginz

1. Anybody with a 1994 2.3l w/Automatic trans...HELP!

RobbieD, I hope you will do this for me. If you could take a picture of the KAU sticker with the book flat, and as in focus as possible, I can then use Photoishop to creat a pretty convincing fake sticker. That way I won't have to go through this every time the truck needs to be smogged.
  2. Anybody with a 1994 2.3l w/Automatic trans...HELP!

RobbieD I really appreciate your effort and explanation of what these codes mean! The book at the smog station says the truck should have an EGR system which it obviously didn't. This documentation confirms what I already knew. Now I'll have to return to the Smog station with this documentation...
  3. Has fuel, weird spark, it won't start

1, 2, and 3 had almost no compression (the exhaust valves had sunk so far into the head that they no longer could close) 4 had like 75Lbs. After the valve job I did a leak down and all 4 were at about 3% leak.
  4. Anybody with a 1994 2.3l w/Automatic trans...HELP!

Oops, I found the right sticker. Here it is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=150-sIhRTCiN0PSHU_cVVt_uRTPkPyWn8
  5. 68 F100 360 FE 3 on the tree!

I have the same truck, except a '67. Rather than mess with the old carburetor I put oner of these on. Had to change the lines around a little, but at this kinfd of price, for brand new, it's hard to argue with...
  6. Anybody with a 1994 2.3l w/Automatic trans...HELP!

I need to get my truck smog checked. The emissions label is gone, and the book issued to the smog check stations seems to wrong about what equipment should be on the engine. The emissions label is no longer available from Ford. What I need is for somebody who has the same truck to please take...
  7. Has fuel, weird spark, it won't start

On the off chance that somebody else encounters a similar problem, I am following up with this. The truth is I read many, many posts which described symptoms similar to the ones I had experienced, but I don't think I came across any with the same outcome as mine. What the truck needed was a...
  8. Has fuel, weird spark, it won't start

I take it back, I can't imagine the engine rotating at all with a bunch of fuel in it, but I'm used to working on much hjigher compression engines. I will give it a try.
  9. Has fuel, weird spark, it won't start

I already did all that, BTW- instead of pulling plugs you can just pull the pump relay and crank it a little bit to clean out cylinders. You can hear when the plugs clean up
  10. Has fuel, weird spark, it won't start

I have had this truck for a few months, I have never been able to get it running right. Now, it decided that it won't start at all. It has 40 Lbs fuel pressure, and fresh components throughout. Obviously I have overlooked something. It cranks, fires once intermittently, but won't start. The...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad