• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by gertsdsbs

1. gertsdsbs

Speakers distorting, too much power?

So i have a system on my 86 ranger. Two kicker shallow mount woofers and two sets of cheap speakers. One pair is sony x plods which i got for free, and the others are some cheap brand. My woofers sound awesome but my speakers distort and sound like crap when loud. Could it be that my head unit...
  2. gertsdsbs

mixing one 2ohm and one 4ohm woofer

So i just got my woofer and it turns out it is a 4 ohm!! i have a 2ohm on right now but i was wondering if i could put both of them on one amp? my amp gives 600w at 2 ohm's 330w at 4 ohm's The woofers are rated 400 rms each so should i return it and get a two ohm one? So could i mix and match or...
  3. gertsdsbs

will either parallel or series wiring suck more power than each?

So does parallel suck more power than series wiring or vice versa? Or do they suck the same power? and if anyone knows, does having one over the other create better sound? Specs: 1986 single cab ranger two kicker shallow 10"s Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. gertsdsbs

Will 3/4 mdf make a big difference over 1/2 mdf?

So right now i have a single shallow mount on a single cab ranger. The other one comes tomorrow!!!! yay!!! The box i have now is 1/2 mdf but i just bought 3/4 mdf to build a new one so that both fit. So i was wondering if the thickness made much of a difference. So does it? Thanks!!!!!!!
  5. gertsdsbs

nEW SUBWOOFER DIFFERENT LOOK?

sO I HAVE A ONE 10 INCH KICKER SUBWOOFER SHALLOW MOUNT BUT WANT TO BUY ANOTHER. i NEED TO KNOW IF THEY ARE THE SAME THOUGH. i BOUGH THE ONE I HAVE 6 MONTHS AGO, ITS THIS ONE http://www.caraudiodeals.com/kicker-07cvt104-p-970.html But now they look different like this one...
  6. gertsdsbs

Best weather man ever!!!!

WATCH THIS!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiILTMIOU_g
  7. gertsdsbs

2 tens or 1?

SO I HAVE A 10" KICKER SHALLOW MOUNT AND WANT TO BUY ANOTHER ONE. WILL THERE BE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE, MEANING BETTER SOUND QUALITY OR WILL IT JUST BE LOUDER? So will it sound better?:headbang:
  8. gertsdsbs

"Gay" music thread

So i was wondering if anyone had any music in their collection that their friends might think is gay or any artist or song that it would be embarrassing to play with another friend. I got coldplay moby Elton John matt and kim the killers and others I was just wondering what people have...
  9. gertsdsbs

cONNECTING TWO BATTERIES

So My System Needs More Power So I Was Wondering If I Could Hook Up Two Bateries And If Its Possible How To Do It. Does anyone know where i can get an alternator with more power without breaking the bank? thanks! oh yeah its an 86 ranger 4x4 2.9 v6
  10. gertsdsbs

Bought new tires but I hate them aaahh!

So I wanted to get the bfg km2's but i couldn't i bought some other ones for $754 dollars AND i HATE THEM!! AAHHHHHH!. I feel like crying :bawling:.
  11. gertsdsbs

Painting axles.

So my axles are really rusty and i've decided to spray paint them today. Now is any kind od paint good for it or do i buy the expensive sTuff. IM just going to power wash it and wire brush it to make it look decent. Any tips? what color would look good. thanks! oh yeah its an 86
  12. gertsdsbs

What id the orange/white dimmer wire for?

What does it do and what is its purpose. Is it necessary to connect them? THANKS!
  13. gertsdsbs

Clutch doesn't work!

So i posted this on the transmission section but no one answered it so i'll try here. The clutch on my 86 ford ranger 2.9 4X4 V6 doesn't work. I've bled it over and over again . It works fine sometimes but after i let it sit for a couple of hours it has no pressure. I've been trying to find a...
  14. gertsdsbs

Clutch leaking can it be the slave cylinder o ring?

So, my clutch is fine during the day i can bleed it and it will be fine for a couple of hours but when i leave it over night it losses pressure. I removed the o-ring in the slave cylinder where the the bleeder valve is at at and the o ring is worn out right in the middle all around. so can this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad