• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

gaz's latest activity

• gaz
    gaz replied to the thread Best gear ratio for 31" tires?.
    Pod, Not all 4x4's come with a specific gear set, one of mine came with 4:10, the other with 3:43. It is worth the time and effort to...
  • gaz
    rocketkart, There are a number of companies that made headers for a Ford 92 ohv 4.0L; surprisingly, the headers for the Ford ohv 2.9L...
  • gaz
    gaz replied to the thread Best gear ratio for 31" tires?.
    Pod, I don't know what your stock gearing is but I feel 28.5" with 3:73 is perfect as is 32" on 4:10's. Your talking about in between...
  • gaz
    gaz replied to the thread Lifter problem.
    SWE_lollo, Welcome 🙂 I would verify oil pressure when running but look at the oil level and how it looks on the stick 1st. Next area...
  • gaz
    gaz replied to the thread Do y'all's trucks ride rough?.
    My truck rides rough when empty, it is designed to ride well when LOADED. The BII is just a slice of heaven no matter.
  • gaz
    gaz replied to the thread Running rich all the time.
    Savage, You say that you recently replaced one or more O² sensors; I would definitely LOOK THERE 1ST.
  • gaz
    gaz replied to the thread Seat cover vs reupholster.
    Mike, The camera on my phone is disabled and I don't own one. But it is an easy Google, they were called Captain buckets; it wasn't...
  • gaz
    gaz replied to the thread Seat cover vs reupholster.
    Chapap, My favorite seats to put in 1st Gen Ranger's/BII's are early 90's BroncoII and Explorer captain buckets; they we're a $750/each...
  • gaz
    gaz replied to the thread Failed smog :(.
    When I lived in southern California I had to smog all.my out of state vehicles. The tech mentioned that even a leaking gas cap can...
  • gaz
    gaz reacted to Paulos's post in the thread bit off more than I can chew 1986 with Like Like.
    There's a link to Pruett's book in this thread...
  • gaz
    mnewman, The air box lid for a same era 4 cylinder also fits; they just have an extra hole to plug. If you still need one.
  • gaz
    gaz replied to the thread Timing help ‘’90 B2.
    Avl, It is right next to the distributor, part of the wire harness. There is a small gray plastic, I call a "dog house" shape...
  • gaz
    gaz replied to the thread 2.9L timing help.
    Boots, The connector is the 1st pic, on the heater blower side goes to the A/C. I'll take a look under the hood after daylight and...
  • gaz
    gaz replied to the thread 2.9L timing help.
    Boots, This is anal but...I have found that it makes a measurable improvement in vacuum and overall timing correctness. SIMPLY: -the...
  • gaz
    gaz replied to the thread help lifting 89 bronco 2.
    Luke, If you aren't in a hurry, I've pulled 2 suspension lifts from the wrecking yard; a complete 89 Ranger Hi Ryder factory 2"...