• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Gary101386

1. Vibration while acceleration low speed

I am getting a weird vibration in the truck at low speeds... It's from a dead stop, accelerating to 15 mph... I've checked stupid things like motor mounts, trans mounts, ball joints, tie rod's, and I can't seem to find it... I don't feel of the steering, stick shift transmission it's just...
  2. Automatic transmission hanging in 1st

I picked up a 1990 4.0 4x4 from a friend. He has had it for 2 years. He was having issues with the trans where it was dumping fluid just as fast as he could pour it in. I bought it from him and towed it home. I found a transmission line has slipped off from itself. The hose clamp loosened. So...
  3. transmission issues.

I had some work done on my truck one being the 2.9-4.0 clutch conversion. now that I have it back after it warms up the trans is making a rubbing noise and when I put the clutch in its worse. also its difficult to get into 1st gear. Also, pretty much any time I put it into reverse it grinds...
  4. Hurst Shifter Problems

Hello, My truck is in the shop getting some work done, including a new clutch. I figuried while they have the trans down its a perfect time to install a hurst shifter. I called summit and ordered the shifter over the phone. Shifter arrived and looks awesome. shop says it wont work, that its a...
  5. 1st gear shuddering

Having an issue that i do not understand. When im in first gear and go to take off the truck shudders and shakes like crazy. Second gear through 5th are all okay after that. If i do a 2nd gear start no shaking or shuddering. Reverse has no shaking or shuddering either. Also, after my check...
  6. Lifting my truck!

My truck is a 89 ranger 2.9 twin stick. It already has the 2.5" lift from the factory, high rider. I am preparing my summit racing list and wanted to check with everyone before I click that submit payment button. My plans are as follows. 3" body lift Belltec shackles (rear) 3.5" axle lift...
  7. Fuel Gauge...?

Lately, my fuel gauge has been a little strange. I'll start up my truck and it'll read full, sometimes ill start it and it'll read probably whats in the tank... drive around and it'll go to full, or go from full to whats probably in the tank... any ideas? I dont even know where to start...
  8. New Wheels and Tires!!!

got a great deal on some 285/75/16's (33's) just had to find me a set of 16's to put them on... found a local scrap yard that had the wheels i was searching for. 99 explorer/ranger wheels. old: 30x9.5x15's new: 285/75/16's probably going to have to crank my T-Bars and block the rear...
  9. 2000ish Explorer wheels

Alright, i really hope im not gonna get the answers of "use the search feature" because im not asking about bolt pattern. Will the back spacing and center bore fit over my manual hub and clear everything for my 89 STX 4x4? The wheels are this style...
  10. 16 inch wheels...

so i picked up a decent set of 33's with the F150 bolt pattern, so obviously it doesn't fit. a friend of mine had an 07 wrangler and still had his stocker wheels laying around, but those don't fit either...:bawling: i am now on the hunt for a CHEAP set of 16's they don't have to be pretty. This...
  11. Since the weathers been nicer...

Now that its warming up outside, and that i cant sit still, ive been out in the garage tinkering around and doing quite a few things to my 89 STX. First, ive sanded down my rusty door jams and put a few coats of flat black rustoleum, same with the lower part of the doors them selves. ive made...
  12. My Exhaust fell off over the weekend.

This weekend i was driving around and went over some train tracks and my exhaust finally let loose just before the Muffler. Now it had been getting louder as of recent and i knew there was a hole just before the muffler. So... My question is, Who has had different mufflers on their 2.9 and...
  13. My 2.9 wouldnt start this morning...

I go out this morning to my truck and it cranks and cranks and cranks... Now in the past the truck has had a slight miss and when it had heavily rained it would take SEVERAL cranks before it started. I figured it was a cracked cap or something simple... Thought i would let it ride and replace...
  14. Clutch noise

Hi all, I have a 89 2.9 5 speed ranger. When its cold out i let the truck warm up for a few minutes before driving but as soon as i do everytime i release the clutch in first gear to accelerate there is a squeeling of some sort. Any ideas?
  15. Offroading with some buddies... NOT 56K FRIENDLY!!!

Saturday we went to "The Cliffs Insane Terrain" in Illinois. It was Me in my 89 STX 2.9L on 30.5's, my buddy in his 08 F350 Super Duty twin turbo diesel on 35's, and my other buddy in his 06 Ram 1500 on 32's. My Ranger: Ram 1500: 08 F350: Then there was this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad