• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Gar

1. 3.0 to 4.0 L engine swap

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 4x4. The 3.0L flex fuel recently blew up. I have tried to find a "like for like" junkyard replacement but have had no luck. I have found a 4.0L from a rolled 94 Explorer and the Ford mechanic at my local dealership says it will bolt right up to the existing tranny...
  2. Advice needed for removing 3.0L engine from Ranger 4x4

I am removing a 3.0L for replacement on a 2000 Ranger 4x4 with the auto transmission. I have removed all of the bolts from the bell housing except for the top bolt on the driver's side. I can see it and I know it is a 15mm bolt but I can not get a wrench on it to apply enough force to break it...
  3. Which 3.0L engines will work in a Ranger?

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 with automatic transmission and the 3.0L "flex fuel" Vulcan engine. My son recently drove the engine without oil and destroyed it. I am looking for a junkyard engine replacement. I have been unable to find a rear drive 3.0L.... much less a Vulcan engine but I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad