• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by frozenrabbit

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1994 2.3l Ranger Splash HELP WITH CODES PLEASE

If you have a tach, when cranking it will register RPM, if the tach doesn't move, it's a bad crank sensor. I chased my for months thinking it was the hack repaired fuel pump wiring. Crank sensor had a hair line crack, would run fine for days, then no start, random die and start back up after a...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Intermittent No Start on 1995 Ranger 2.3L

Do you have a tach? When it's not starting and cranking, if the tach doesn't show any RPM when cranking, it's a bad crank sensor. Chased mine for months, random start/ no start. Crank sensor had hair line crack.
  3. 2.5L ('98-'01) Ranger 5spd NoCrank-Remote Starts Only

Crank sensor has nothing to do with the starter working or not, there is no connections in the wiring between those circuits. Bad starter or solenoid. No start is sounding like the crank sensor. I fixed this exact problem on my 94. Would run and run with no issues, then just flat out not start...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) D-Port Head and Round Port Intake Port Match

I've gone D-port intake to round port head, but not the reverse. I would say clean up the head ports a bit to match a gasket, then transfer the D-port outline over to the intake. Port to port, there is a little offset left or right, but not too bad. There may be a little bit of the round port...
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3l burning oil

Going to look into PCV, don't know how else would put some oil behind the throttle body. Plugs all looked good and clean burning, no oil residue at all. Smokes only some days, if parked at an angle overnight. Clears up after a few minutes of driving. Some oil soot in exhaust tip, but not soaked...
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3l burning oil

94 ranger 2.3l, unknown actual miles. has been using oil, only has visible smoke some days, if parked overnight on an angle. Just replaced all valve stem seals last week. Was thinking rings. Ran a compression test, dry numbers were 155, 160, 165, 170. Fresh head earlier this year with proper...
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) Add a crank sensor to an '85 block

That doesn't sound too involved, within my skills, and have tools to do that. Wasn't sure about the oil pan, but knew there was some difference, haven't torn into it all yet. Is there a difference in the crank snout?
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) Add a crank sensor to an '85 block

Thinking I can fabricate something that mounts to the lower timing cover bolt holes, maybe. Don't really want to go to a distributor. I am currently running an '84 head, on a '94 block. Swapped roller cam to '84 head, and port blended a '90-'91 intake, D port to oval port. 4 plug runner now. Not...
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) Add a crank sensor to an '85 block

Can a crank sensor be added to an '85 2.3l block? Have a worn out '94 Ranger with 370k, but have a line on a hopped up '85 block. Are there mounting holes on a '85 the crank sensor bracket can mount to? I'm running an '84 head, on a '94 block. port blended to a '90-'91 intake. 8 plug to 4 plug...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad