• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by FritzTKatt

1. FritzTKatt

2004 oil filter works itself loose.

2004 oil filter works itself loose. ETA: turning into a trans thread Never seen or heard of an oil filter that self loosens before this truck. It does not leak when tight, no double gasket, threads are just fine, using motocraft filters. Never had a problem with the filters I've done on any...
  2. FritzTKatt

O2 sensor testing

Howdy ya'll! Long time no see. 04 3l 2x, daily driver, nothing crazy. Throws p0420 code. Testing down stream o2 sensor in hopes that it is bad, not a cat problem (f* you california). I put it in the vise and heated it up to turning red, hooked up to the DMM between the back (POS) and grey...
  3. FritzTKatt

It's been a while

Hey guys, it's been a little while since I last posted, especially regularly. No I haven't lost my love for rangers, but did have to send my old girl out to pasture. She served me well and fought a hard fight, but in the end I couldn't save her. After weeks of searching for a suitable ranger...
  4. FritzTKatt

ckp failure?

As a part of my ongoing problems... my old ckp produced about 2.2vac. I read they need to make between 4 and 7vac. Replaced and now I get about .2vac. The two sensors have the same resistance between pins. I seriously think the ckp is the root of my problems. What should I do? Can I tell if the...
  5. FritzTKatt

Trashed driveshaft

So somehow (way too long of a story) my driveshaft has a giant dent in it. Obviously bent. I'm in between a 1 piece swap, and the same style. I want to do the 1 piece swap, but can't make sense of the flange/u-joints. I haven't had problems with a 2 piece yet (besides the one in my other ranger...
  6. FritzTKatt

Converting edis to dizzy

I've heard rumor that you can convert a 4.0l with edis to distributed by putting a dizzy from a 3.0l into a hole that's supposed to exist on what I believe is the back of the driverside head so it will function. Thusly you can delete the edis system (for whatever reasons you have). And you only...
  7. FritzTKatt

Ignition problem

Back to ignition problems for me... yeah I've got a mess on my hands that all got to get cleaned up. The guys that have been here for a while probably remember when I messed up the truck last year, now I'm finally fixing it. Had the broken clutch pushrod, fixed. Now the starter interlock...
  8. FritzTKatt

Cluth QD fitting

How in the hell does one get this thing off? I've watched some videos, bought the tool, got the white ring seated back into the female side of the fitting, and the line just won't come out. I really don't want to break the stupid bit of copper tube, because I'm certain that can't be replaced...
  9. FritzTKatt

fuel pump troubleshoot

KOEO, (not quite full battery) power to relay (clicks with key cycles, and has hot pins, assume relay works?), power to inertia switch, inertia switch has negligible resistance, power to the pink/black wire at this connection. Likely Friday I will get time to try and chase it further, but as far...
  10. FritzTKatt

No spark

So last year (before I joined the corps) my 4.0 toasted itself. Long story short, everything was good to go, less the fuel in crank case problem... hehe... my buddy was taking care of it, but now it's time to resume control. Had a new 4.0l from an exploder put in (don't know what year, yet)...
  11. FritzTKatt

About 3 months ago

I bid ya'll farewell for a while leaving a nasty disgusting civilian, and took a trip down south where some nice guys the Marine Corps likes to call Drill Instructors took care of me very well and taught me many things... like screaming loud, killing people, and how to come very close to...
  12. FritzTKatt

Missing connection

A little back story... wheeling last weekend, swallowed water, a lot of water. Didn't hyrdro lock the motor, and it got out of the hole under it's own power, didn't stall out or anything. On dry land it ran even worse and I pretty much had it pushed home. Left her for the night to dry out...
  13. FritzTKatt

thermostat stuck open?

94 4.0, truck takes about 20 minutes at idle to crank out nice heat, then still sits at nearly cold on the gauge. It's gotten up to half way once, when I was doing donuts for 15 minutes, holding it at 2k rpm. New water temp sensor, which had fixed a random fluctuation before. Now it's pretty...
  14. FritzTKatt

66-79 full size coils

Are they the same style wrap, such as the top wrap and bottom wrap as the EB coils? The duff coils I have sunk right down and took up the 350-ppi portion and don't really flex... the rest of the kit is just begging to be flexed but the coils are just too damn hard still. The duff coil buckets...
  15. FritzTKatt

Leaking D35

When I put my truck up on blocks to start working on the suspension lift, the diff started leaking. There have been no spots in my driveway or anything so it's somehow convenient it did this when I plan to have the whole thing apart anyway. It looks like the pumpkin can be unbolted from the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad