• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by French-connection

1. PATS transceiver question

Hi everyone. Something strange happened to me earlier this week. I got into my truck to move it in the driveway. It started up just fine. Later when I tried to move it again... nothing. Theft light is flashing and gives me code 11. From what I could find so far this code shows up when the...
  2. I am sure there is a story here...

The hole at the base is typical for dummy rounds...
  3. Dana 35 sla axle shaft removal

Hello. I’m working on my front axle and was going to replace the axle bearings. No big deal. Get bearing puller and slide hammer out and the job is done in no time. So I thought... Somehow I can’t find a bearing puller that fits to pull either of the bearings. There’s just not enough room to...
  4. Bolts for coil pack bracket to engine

Just wanted to post this info here. I looked for a while and couldn't find the final answer in any forum... The bolts to attach the coil pack bracket to the engine on a 4.0 SOHC is a M6. I used a socket head M6x16 and they work great good length to get solid engagement and be able to torque...
  5. front carrier replacement question

Hi. I need to replace my front carrier since my ring and pinion are bad. I got my hands on an axle that seems to be missing the inner shaft on the passenger side, including the bearing. https://ibb.co/gUnvn6 Does this look right? Could I just use the shaft and bearing, or new bearing from my...
  6. Replacement front differential carrier

Hi. I'm looking to replace my front differential carrier assembly. I found a unit online with part ID 440-01348D It comes out of a 97 Explorer and I don't know if it's really a direct fit as it's stated on the page. Is this the correct one without the vacuum disconnect on the passenger side...
  7. Can a 4x4 drive without front axles?

So. I’m still working on my truck and I’m starting work on the front axles. I was wondering if I can remove the driveshafts and differential case and then bolt the suspension back together and drive the truck while I fix the differential, or get a replacement? I see instructions that basically...
  8. 4x4 system check help in Columbia, SC

Hi. I want to test my electric 4x4 system and am pretty sure my control module isn't working. I have a 2002 FX4. Is there anyone in the area that would be willing to help me check this out and let me use his / her control module to test everything else on my truck? Or is anyone willing to part...
  9. BW 1354 4x4 engagement explained - an attempt

Ok, since I’ve been playing with my trashed 1354 for a while now, I figured I can try to explain how the mode fork engages the 4x4 and why it might seem not to engage, or doesn’t want to disengage. Maybe this could be helpful to someone, Here we go. This is what the pieces look like that engage...
  10. BW 1354 rebuild

So, I started my transfer case rebuild. I'll try to post pictures of the different stages as I go along. 1st. I'll have to remover the rear driveshaft flange to be able to split the case open. I measured the nut size at 30mm, is that correct? BTW, it doesn't look pretty... When I removed the...
  11. What is this for?

Hi. I looked over my motor today and found this. https://postimg.org/gallery/2doi0jlve/ Can anyone tell me what this is for? It seems to fit into the back of the driver side valve cover. How is it attached, or locked in place? Thanks for your help. Olivier
  12. Looking for BW1354 service manual

Hi everyone. I'm getting ready to pull my TC from the 02 FX4 that I have. I'm pretty sure that it'll need some work and I'm looking for a service manual, or any other documentation that can help during the rebuild. Can anyone help me? I'll post pictures and updates once I get into the TC...
  13. 8.8 pinion bearing fit question

Hi everyone. I'm currently rebuilding my rear axle and was checking the pinion bearing fit. The lower one needs to be pressed in, that was clear to me, but what about the upper one? When I handfit the bearing, it doesn't slide down on the seat. It seems that it'll have to be pressed in too. Not...
  14. FRPP ring and pinion difference question

So, I'm looking to order a replacement ring and pinion set from Ford Racing. They have two options. M-4209-G410A or M-4209-88410. What's the difference ? Summit has them as different items on their site. Which ones should I get for my 2002 FX4? Thanks for the help.
  15. Transfer case issue on 2002 FX4

Hi. I did some searches but can't find any info to my problem. I removed the actuator motor from my T-case yesterday and the selector shaft can freely rotate between 2H and 4H and has spring resistance between 4H and 4L. I'll end up pulling it out and see what's going on, but does anyone have...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad