• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Flatbedder81

1. Flatbedder81

Erratic idle and wont rev up very well at all

Okay....went out and checked voltage at coil. With key on, all checks out. When it cuts out, it will spike up about a ¼ to a ½ volt right before it cuts out and drops about the same during and after the cutout. Another interesting thing is I took the voltage at the voltage regulator connector...
  2. Flatbedder81

Can I check for AC at the battery?
  3. Flatbedder81

All the grounds checked out good, and they have all been cleaned and inspected. This is a brand new alternator, I replaced the last one because when I unplugged it, it ran perfect. So I thought, huh...must be a bad alternator. Now, that being said, it seemed it run perfect for a few minutes...
  4. Flatbedder81

If it were the injectors, then why would it run perfect with alternator unplugged?
  5. Flatbedder81

Also...bought a scan tool, no codes. Getting an 11 every time
  6. Flatbedder81

Okay....went ahead and replaced HP fuel pump. Cleaned all grounds again. Took the alternator wire harness completely off and inspected and wrapped with new electrical tape reinstalled. STILL having the same problem. It will mot Rev past 2k without throwing a huge fit, cutting out and almost...
  7. Flatbedder81

The hoses all look good and I used an unlit propane torch around all the normal leak spots and couldn't find a leak.
  8. Flatbedder81

I did do a key on engine off check and got a low reading, like 29-30 psi so that is why I ordered the new in line pump. Hopefully this is my issue. This is a very nice truck that I bought from an old man that had sat for almost 15 years with very little to no use and is near mint. So I would...
  9. Flatbedder81

Hello all. I have a 1988 ford ranger xlt 4x4 with auto trans and 2.9 v6. It has devoloped a condition that has me stumped. It starts up pretty easily, but will quickly start idling very erratic. And is very hard to Rev up as the idle cuts out the whole way up the rpm band. Here is a list of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad