• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by fixessaxes

1. fixessaxes

Poor Idle while in Park, decent while in Drive

No codes I know of. I was replacing it because I could tell the solenoid was going bad (sticky, unreliable start), did not expect the idle improvement. Resolved sticky start, also nearly all of my idle issues.
  2. fixessaxes

Poor Idle while in Park, decent while in Drive

Try replacing the starter solenoid. I had similar idle issues that went away when I did that. 🤷‍♂️
  3. fixessaxes

Air in fuel line - what to do next?

So far, so good. Now hopefully I can get loaded up on firewood for the winter before the next weird showstopper :LOL:
  4. fixessaxes

I got curious and took apart the fuel reservoir. It was indeed a broken check valve. No filter, but it was the kind you can unscrew and it had an o-ring in it. I am going to permanently remove the check valve in the reservoir (doesn't appear to be a replaceable part), put an inline check...
  5. fixessaxes

An canister filter to act as a reservoir! Excellent tip and a cheap solution. Thank you. It actually fires right up and idles fine right now. Still a sloppy proof-of-concept bypass so haven't taken it on the road yet, will clean things up (and add a check valve then a canister filter in the...
  6. fixessaxes

Where? Shows as unavailable/discontinued everywhere I have seen. Part # is E7TA-9K044-AA.
  7. fixessaxes

Thank you! Did you ever have any issues with yours being bypassed?
  8. fixessaxes

FIXED. Bypassing the reservoir/accumulator did the trick. I am guessing the check valve in the reservoir was stuck mostly shut, causing air bubbles when the high pressure pump pulled a vacuum. It would allow a trickle past, which is why I could keep starting it. The bowl of the reservoir...
  9. fixessaxes

Nice tip, thank you. New possibility I have learned about is a check valve stuck closed in the reservoir. I can bypass that reservoir with some tubing and a check valve, might do that.
  10. fixessaxes

What should the fuel pressure look like if I rent that tool? This is the bike valve next to the head, right? Yes, the issue I was having before was much less intense than this. I didn't check if there was air in the line before- the truck drove just lost power under load when the tank was...
  11. fixessaxes

Interesting. The new assembly came with a new sock, but I could try taking it off just to see what happens.
  12. fixessaxes

Yeah, similar thoughts here now. It was a delphi part and afaik that is a reputable brand, but I suppose I could have gotten unlucky. Also getting to the end of my abilities, so after I pull it back out if I can't figure anything there it may just be getting towed in shame to my mechanic.
  13. fixessaxes

I can report it is also not the fuel pump relay. It was pointed out to me elsewhere that the relay is bypassed during startup, so if it was bad, I would experiencing symptoms similar to what I am having. So I replaced that relay, with much hope in my heart, and no difference.
  14. fixessaxes

Yeah. I even put on my Peltors to see if I could hear it when the engine was running if everything was attenuated. Pretty frustrating & dumb problem with what I am sure is an obvious solution. Could it just be that the system is so full of air and a normal prime-prime-prime isn't enough? I...
  15. fixessaxes

Yes, tank is full. And the low pressure pump was just replaced. Gas cap is off because bed is still off. The air bubble in the line are pretty extreme- it goes from normal looking to aerated like a fish tank to mostly air in about 30 seconds.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad