• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by firefighter525

1. firefighter525

Opinions: Olds Van

I'm going tonight to look at a 2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette van. It would replace our 99 Grand Prix. My buddy says its very nice but I have a few concerns. Other than being another GM product, it has around 160000 miles and has the 3.4L V6. I've never owned a vehicle with that high of mileage. I...
  2. firefighter525

Pontiac transmission - Advice

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 3.1L auto transmission 95,000 miles. I've been having some issues with the transmission the past few morinings. I have to let the car warm up approx. 10 minutes before driving. I can put it in drive but it won't move untill it warms up. The motor just revs like its in...
  3. firefighter525

Oil Pump / pressure

Is there any way to tell if the oil pump is engaged without pulling the motor and dropping the oil pan? Can I attach a gauge somewhere and read actual oil pressure? Long story short, I just put a motor in my truck and started it up only to hear lots of top end ticking. Valves / Lifters...
  4. firefighter525

Blown motor + shady warranty = screwed

So about a week ago I was on my way to work when my Ranger bogged down. I then heard a loud "pop" similar to a a backfire followed by what can best be described as rattling cans inside the motor. I coasted to the side of the road and had the truck towed to the closest Ford dealer. It was...
  5. firefighter525

sputtering 4.0

2000 4.0L 75,400 miles. So, last night on my way home the truck starts to jerk around and have a horrible vibration. My first thought was the tranny, but relized that it is from the engine spitting and sputtering. It seems to do it the worst while at a cruising speed and it switches to a lower...
  6. firefighter525

A few of mine

Heres a few I took today.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad