• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by EvanCole45

1. EvanCole45

Hydraulic setup on bellhousing

I'd love to see this too. Could you all also explain everything on how you set up the hydraulic clutch? Did you use the stock hoses, master cylinder, and fittings etc..
  2. EvanCole45

2.9 power steering

It's a coarse SAE pattern. I don't know the measurements but you can go to the hardware store and find a bolt that will thread in very easily.
  3. EvanCole45

Weird Snapping Sounds

Okay thanks. I’ll try that if I can’t figure anything else out.
  4. EvanCole45

Weird Snapping Sounds

It could be that because part of the exhaust was welded back in after I replaced the clutch a few weeks ago but this noise is very loud and definitely not a sound that a car should be making
  5. EvanCole45

Weird Snapping Sounds

I don’t think it’s that because the A/C is never used. The previous owner went and put hose clamps on all the A/C hoses so there is no Freon left in the system.
  6. EvanCole45

Weird Snapping Sounds

I've tried that to see if I could see any electrical connections sparking and there was nothing.
  7. EvanCole45

Weird Snapping Sounds

Hello, my truck is an 88 2.9 5 speed and it started making a very weird snapping sound from the back of the engine bay about two weeks ago. After about 5 miles of driving the sound starts but goes away after a few minutes and two weeks ago it was pretty quiet but over time it's gotten louder...
  8. EvanCole45

Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch

Okay thanks you all, I probably shouldn’t mess with it
  9. EvanCole45

For Sale Transmission and Clutch Parts for Sale

Hello I just changed my transmission and clutch and I am trying to sell the old transmission and some parts I didn't use. The transmission makes quite a bit of noise and doesn't shift very smooth but I daily drove with it for 6 months. Someone could use it as a rebuildable core or a very budget...
  10. EvanCole45

Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch

Hello, I have a little plaque under my hood that says my vehicle is equipped with a fuel pump shut off switch and I can check the owner's manual to see where it is. I do not have the owners manual and I haven't been able to find the switch. Could someone tell me where the switch is? The truck...
  11. EvanCole45

List of quality parts.

I believe Mahle is mostly known for their pistons but their gaskets seem to be great too.
  12. EvanCole45

List of quality parts.

DO NOT buy the Duralast clutch slave cylinder. I got it because it's the only one available at parts stores around me. The bleeder valve and hose fittings weren't even long enough to be accessible from the outside of the bell housing. With that said the Mahle rear main seal is a huge upgrade...
  13. EvanCole45

Compatibility

They aren't even the same manufacturer so short answer is no
  14. EvanCole45

2.9L Surging

I appears to be working. The engine idles normally until I drive it for a few minutes then let it idle again.
  15. EvanCole45

2.9L Surging

I just removed the IAC and it was perfectly clean to start with. Now what?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad