• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ES894x4

1. Removing Clutch Fan

^This. Though I do apologize for my response reading a bit sh1t, I was on an ipod 2 and had to write it twice. I also assumed the truck had ac. I have had my fan off for 5 years now, it hasnt made my truck explode, and has been a good free mod. I didnt buy a switch to activate it or tuner...
  2. Removing Clutch Fan

Yes your engine will overheat if you sit stationary for a long time when its warm out and dont use the hvac to turn the efan on, buy a switch, or get a programmer capable of telling the ecu what temp to kick the fan on. Never dyno'd so cant say if it free'd any hp, but does drop revs faster...
  3. Underdrive Pulley

Not going to find a "ranger" udp. Heres one of the most reputable focus. Crankshafts arent keyed on the dtec so it needs to be done right. http://www.c-f-m.com/performanceparts/pc/CFM-Underdrive-Pulley-Kit-for-03-11-2-0-2-3L-Duratec-Focus-p36.htm
  4. Rubbing inner fender plastic

Its normal for the backs of these trucks to jump one way when hitting a large bump, and sway bars do help a bit but that will still happen. If its pulling one direction while accelerating on a smooth road thats a different issue. Is it possible one of your flip brackets is installed backwards...
  5. 3/4 Drop Kit for 2009 Ranger Question

Yes you will have to piece together a kit if you dont want 2/3 or 4/5. It isnt hard to piece your own kit together, if 3/4 is what you like i say go for it! The 2-1/4* camber eccentrics like napa sells maxed out the adjustable range on mine, with a 2.5" drop spring(didnt want 3" didnt want 2" so...
  6. ready for the 4/6

Truck luks gud! like the black steelies and polished lip. Yes the hanger flip is a 2" drop, 3" on a 98+ truck. Dream beams are a 3" drop so with 2" drop springs youll be at 5/6. Will that be the exact amount of drop? it differs from truck to truck especially when dealing with 20yo front springs...
  7. Belltech 2"/4" Drop Kit Questions

Always seen this kit to buy online, but never seen anyone use it. Sucks that you went through 3-4x the work when djm's flipkit is 4" drop for the pre 98 trucks. Hope they at least sent you grade-8 bolts Shims most likely wont be necessary, but your pinion angle will be off from factory(usually...
  8. Lowering 2" cpl of questions

You will need camber eccentric bolts for the upper control arms, about $70 for the set from napa or similar part supply, but with those you will have no problems getting the truck back to factory specs. You wont need new shocks unless youre already planning on replacing them, stock replacements...
  9. duratec mechanical fan delete

Did this a few years ago and had to scrape info, hopefully this helps. -The fan threads on with reverse threads -Its on there good and unless brawny pays you for your likeness youll need a helping hand -None of the cheap autozone/pepboys fan wrench keys fit the dtec, i bought one for a 2.9/4.0...
  10. 7 month c.f. - 08 scsb project.

"They're never done. Thats thing, cars are never done. You'll see someone on the forums says 'i finished my car', 'i finished my project', bull****. Because next week youll want new wheels, theres always something bigger something better your going to want." Chris Serafino-Pursuit of Function...
  11. Bit the bullet. 6x9 install

Im not much for posting threads or how to's and I know this has been done but havent seen much posted on this swap, how to go about it, so I'll leave this for others thinking about it. I started with an 07 single cab. Time came to upgrade the stock speakers on the cheap so I got 3 way 6x8's for...
  12. Are the different motors for the ranger equally good?

the vulcan had a plastic cam synchro, if that goes out your in for an expensive day. its like $100 for a new one though so replacing it for cheap insurance isnt too bad. other then that the 3.0 is hard hard to kill
  13. Connecting rods

maybe rock auto? not what you asked for but for 300 you could get a set of forged eagle rods and not worry about it happening again. http://focus.c-f-m.com/eagleforgedh-beamconnectingrodsforfocusduratec23l.aspx
  14. how to make a 4 banger faster?

lolocopters at all the hillbillys that say v8 swap and 4 cyl is useless. only in bfe can you swap a 302 and get away with it, swap a v8 into a ranger and get caught in ca or other smog states and your trucks getting towed, a heavy fine, and walking home. another bonus of keeping the 2.3 is built...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad