• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Engine7

1. Best mpg

Oil choice Yeah, I have full synthetic in it now, I don't think it changes to much. I do like the idea of a reusable filter with out the oil. I know I can give the gas a little more and open the throttle plate which in turn changes the voltage of the throttle position sensor and causes the...
  2. Best mpg

mpg The best I have gotten so far is 30.2 mpg. I drive like "a old man", but I'm passing them at the pump. I looked into the green filter also, I thought about modifing a different air box and putting a round filter and smooth metal tube to the intake. Still looking for the right air box to...
  3. 04 manual transmission

Anybody tried changing fluid in the 5 speed yet to geta smoother shift? This things shifts worse then some big rigs I drove, anybody tried to make it smoother. I am thinking of switching to a synthetic and seeing if that helps. Anybody tried it yet?
  4. 03 tsb help

I had a similar problem on mine, and took it back and they replaced the throttle body for a TSB. Not sure if its the same one, but you should be able to check at other web sites for free. I went in with one I found and they did it under warrenty. Good luck
  5. 2008 4cyl 5spd wont return to idle

Same issue I have a 2004 Mazda that does the same thing. Been to the dealership about 6 time, going next week for trip number 7. They say this is normal, I use to work for the dealer and talked to a buddy that works there. He said they all do it, and had no good answer for me??? So I know...
  6. fuel filter

Try disabling the fuel system and release the fuel pressure first. May help.
  7. new to 2.3 rangers

best upgrades I recently purchased a 04' with a 2.3 and 5 speed and have had pretty good results. I have posted the search for best air intake for it and you can read that post on here. I have since built a smooth metal tube that connects to the MAF and the throttle body and used turbo boots...
  8. 04' 5 Speed shift

Seems since I have purchased my 04' the trans is really hard to shift. I have taken by the dealer a couple times, and they say everything is fine. I've worked for a Ford and Chrylser dealer for the past 12 years, they shouldn't be this hard to shift. Some mornings reverse to first is so bad...
  9. Duratec with an Extended cab

I got one too! I just bought a mazda with the 2.3 and ext. cab w/ 5 speed. It gets close to 27mpg around town. It is a little bit slower off the line then the nissan regular cab it replaced.
  10. Best air intake setup?

Looking to get some more mileage out of my 04 b2300, and was looking at putting a air intake on it. Like the dry filter over the wet, and a enclosed box over the open filter. Any one tried one and liked or not liked it? Thought of building my own, but would rather get one that has been tried...
  11. Hello

Recently got a 04 Mazda B2300 2wd ext. cab 5 spd. So far not bad, some issues from previous owner, but I am working those out. Look forward to helping out. Thanks Dominick

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad