• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Elfiero

1. No 4 Lo

Dirt man, you were right! I backed it out in the driveway and followed the procedure you outlined, and it worked perfectly! I guess this is a different setup than my 2014 F150 had. Thanks again for the advice!
  2. No 4 Lo

I am sorry, I wasn’t complete enough in my description. The ignition was on, the truck was not running, so I could listen. I put the shifter in neutral and I moved the dash switch( electronic transfer case) from 2Hi to 4 Hi, and it shifted flawlessly( the 4Hi light illuminated).Then, I applied...
  3. No 4 Lo

Looking for advice on my 2000 xlt 4x4. I am just completing my winter resto/ repair. Today I tried the 4wd- 2wd and 4hi seem to function fine but no 4lo no matter what I try. I even tried resting my foot on the brake while it was in neutral. The shifting motor makes a sound like it is trying to...
  4. Have you lowered your 1998-2011 ranger 4x4?

Have any of you guys lowered your 4th gen Ranger 4x4’s? I NEED 4wd where I live, but I don’t want to climb up to get in any longer. ideas?
  5. Transmission control

Let's start: I have a 2000 ext. cab 4.0 ohv 4x4. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to control the trans independently from the engine? I am thinking of doing a 302v8 swap(from an explorer), and I am thinking of doing a carb. Also, what else am I not considering?
  6. Gentlemen, I return to the fold.

A “hair drier” is what us old guys called turbo chargers back in the day. I know it is all on me, but I will never own anything with a turbo on it. There is no replacement for displacement.
  7. Gentlemen, I return to the fold.

I know it's me. I just don't like the over-all height, the box floor height, the hair dryer under the hood, the weight, the un-necessarily complicated wiring, the over-all width, the excessive comfort features, etc. I guess I am stuck re-working crap that is ancient history- like me.
  8. Gentlemen, I return to the fold.

I think the picture above says it all. Why won’t anyone build a modern”small truck”? I mean the new ranger is nice and all, but it is huge! I guess that is why I am forced to rebuild an old one...........
  9. Just picked up my second Ranger EV

I have heard of these unicorns, but never seen one with my own eyes. Are they mainly a Cali thing?
  10. The dumbest tools you "own".

What is the dumbest “tool” I own? Me
  11. Diff. swap

When the temps are below freezing, my ‘18 Exploder only gets consistent 12MPGs. Interestingly @ 60 mph, I am only turning 1500 RPMs. It doesn’t have much ohmmph at that RPM, but who cares? That is what kick-down is for. Also, by increasing the torque output of the 5.0 by changing the cam, should...
  12. Diff. swap

I appreciate your candor. Any idea what was “normal” gears for a 98 or 99 explorer limited v8? I have a couple near me that would make great donor vehicles. I have done plenty of swaps like this to other vehicles in the past, and now I am retired with even more time on my hands and extra money...
  13. Diff. swap

Yes, I do. I am thinking about doing an entire driveline swap and going with the 5.0. I was going to put a super torquey cam into it, and with 3.07s, I think I could get some reasonable MPGs out of it. Remember, this truck will never leave paved surfaces, and will be seldom, if ever driven in...
  14. Diff. swap

Not a problem, this is a free country, you are allowed to believe or do anything you wish! As am I. If I understand it correctly, in 2000, rangers with the 8.8, only came with 3.73s or 4.10s, while if I understand correctly, exploders came with gears as high as 3.07s. As far as posi vs. traction...
  15. When Did Driving With Emergency Flashers Become a Thing?

I'm sorry, but I have to add something here. This has nothing to do with snow or emergency flashers but, Last winter we decided to drive to Ft. lauderdale rather than fly. What is is with drivers in Florida? we were in the far right lane, going 80mph(10 over the posted), and ALL the cars passing...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad