• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ejholmgren

1. ejholmgren

Factory step bars from '99 don't fit 04'?

Both extended cabs ... can't see where the brackets are even supposed to attach on the body or frame. Do I need to go to the dealership and get '04 brackets?
  2. ejholmgren

'04 radio bezel ... what years are interchangeable?

I want to put factory fogs on my '04. Which years is the radio bezel interchangeable with?
  3. ejholmgren

AC clutch randomly engaging? '04 4.0L

Picked up a new (to me) '04 4.0L and I'm trying to get a few issues ironed out before the 2K/2 month warranty runs out. I noticed a random tick when the truck is idling and finally figured it out after I put my K&N panel filter in the other day. It seems that the AC clutch is engaging for a...
  4. ejholmgren

To those with a topper and plastic bedliner

How do you compensate for that stupid lip that wraps up and over the front part of the box? It jacks the topper up ~5/16" and makes it hard to get a good seal without using excessive amounts of foam weatherstripping. :annoyed:
  5. ejholmgren

Oh snap ...

... those are some realistic flames! Too bad it's a Ranger :bawling:
  6. ejholmgren

Adding factory fog lamps

I recently picked up an '04 without the factory fogs and I'd like to add them. It looks like the pigtails are already there, so I could just get the brackets/bulbs from LMC. I'm not sure about the switch though. Where is it normally located? I don't see any blanks on the dash.
  7. ejholmgren

Thinking about buying 2002 Ranger, need input

I've come to the decision that I'd like to replace my '93 2.3L Manual 2WD Ranger daily driver with something more substantial for this winter. I took a 2002 4.0L Auto 4x4 Ext Cab 4D out for a spin yesterday and thought it was great. What a night and day difference! The only problem is, miles are...
  8. ejholmgren

Won't start with foot on brake when it's wet

An odd thing happened the other day. Came out from REI in a downpour and the truck would not start (a few weak clicks, but no cranking). I cursed profusely for a few minutes and finally it came to life. Yesterday, it happened a second time in the driveway where I had the piece of mind to do a...
  9. ejholmgren

2.3d and 2.3l

you fill me with skepticism ...
  10. ejholmgren

Rear brake line popped up in the frame rail next to the gas tank?

Put in new leaf spring mounts and shackles last Friday. Saw a few odd drips near the rear pass shock under the truck in the parking lot today. Brakes came and went on the way home, and now there's a veritable river of brake fluid dripping out the back end of my truck, eating the paint off the...
  11. ejholmgren

mileage with your 2.3?

I managed to squeeze out 29 mpg on my trip to northern MN over the weekend. :yahoo: Mostly highway miles 65-70 mph with some town and dirt road driving as well.
  12. ejholmgren

MAP sensor location on '93 4cyl

I have the entire harness laid out in my basement to adapt it to a dizzy/LA3 setup, so I'm trying to get everything straight before I remove all the DIS wiring. Where is that bugger hiding at?
  13. ejholmgren

crank pulley hub

I'm in the process of swapping the ranger serpentine stuff / round tooth timing gears onto the turbo coupe motor. Finally got the crank bolt loose, but I'm wondering about what the correct procedure for getting the base part of the pulley off of the crank snout is.
  14. ejholmgren

Replacing motor mounts

Cleaned a bunch of gunk out of the engine bay today and noticed that the cable from the battery to the starter was crushed against the k and halfway gone. Wiggled the motor mounts and the pass side moves like a hula dancer on a dashboard. Looks like that side broke and let the pan dig into the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad