Recent content by ecgreen

1. Fuel system electrical diag road block

Another ECU on the way
  2. Fuel system electrical diag road block

. Gottcha, that makes more sense. Eitherway, I can safely assume at this point that the ECU is to blame, yes?
  3. Fuel system electrical diag road block

Will do!
  4. Fuel system electrical diag road block

That's a complement around here! LMFAO
  5. Fuel system electrical diag road block

OK, I just pulled that connector pin out and I ran a voltmeter between the battery negative and that wire (both on the exposed wire and various parts of the connector pin. Got no resitance. That tells me the ground is good. I'll try the extra ground thing, but all signs point to ECM I think...
  6. Fuel system electrical diag road block

So this is what the LB/O wires look like on the back of the connector to the relay. looks like a bad connection to me - you can see the exposed wire that is not fully seated in the connector. I believe that goes to pin 22 on the ecu How would I test this? Or should I just fix it
  7. Fuel system electrical diag road block

OK I jumped the ground off of the obd to the battery and the pump ran. So the issue is a ground problem, right? The pump needs to be ground by the ECU correct (its the LB/O wire that I am jumping and that goes to the ECU). Sothe problem is either the ECU or the wire from the ECU to the OBD ( or...
  8. Fuel system electrical diag road block

I dunno, I have tried two pumps, both of which I verified working outside of the vehicle
  9. Fuel system electrical diag road block

OK, jumping did nothing. Relay is good. Put a new one in just to see. I am getting 11.5 volts when I measure voltage on the pink/black (hot) and black wires (ground) on the pump connector. Did a test: - I took an old pump and held a wire to the red and black terminals and hooked it up to a...
  10. Fuel system electrical diag road block

This was what farmer was getting at I think. Thanks!
  11. Fuel system electrical diag road block

Wow, your like a bad penny lol! Let me get this straight: pop the relay and connector out of the holder, keep the relay plug in the relay and run a jumper wire from where the ECU connects to a known ground (the LB/O wire)? Or are you talking about jumping with the connector unplug from the...
  12. Fuel system electrical diag road block

I might take you up on that if I can't track the issue down. Thanks! How would I ground the relay? BTW, is this the same farmer thats on ENH? '89 What is the proper way to test and see if the ground is OK?
  13. Fuel system electrical diag road block

Problem -> pump not coming on when key is in on position Where I am at: - I have tested the pump out of the truck by connecting the ground and hot pins to a battery and it runs - Fuse is OK - 12.3 volts going into fuel relay - red wire on relay when key is in 'On' position reads 11.5. volts -...
  14. Fueul pump brands that don't suck!?!?!

i will absolutely try this
  15. Fueul pump brands that don't suck!?!?!

Just ordered a bosch, we shall see. I should cut me an access hole...