Recent content by ecgreen

1. Liftgate Handle Latch...Need Help

I thought my magnet was broken...
  2. Input shaft seal, how do I get to it?

For better or worse I am going with a gasket. Just ordered a set. I'll update the thread as I move forward.
  3. Input shaft seal, how do I get to it?

Thanks a ton for this information!
  4. Input shaft seal, how do I get to it?

guess not, what am i missing here? just trying t figure the best way to do this
  5. Input shaft seal, how do I get to it?

So you suggestion is to track down a gasket then? Whoever was in my fm146, for whatever reason, used some sort of rtf. Also, if I did go gasket, would I use some sort of sealant or gasket conditioner as well or install dry? Wish I had a transmission manual...torque values would be nice.
  6. Input shaft seal, how do I get to it?

Is "the right stuff" anaerobic? I have had good luck with this stuff elsewhere on my truck. https://www.permatex.com/products/gasketing/the-right-stuff-gasket-makers/permatex-the-right-stuff-90-minute-gasket-maker/
  7. Input shaft seal, how do I get to it?

Whats the difference between that and this: https://www.permatex.com/products/gasketing/anaerobic-gasket-makers-flange-sealants/permatex-anaerobic-gasket-maker/
  8. Input shaft seal, how do I get to it?

Whats your thoughts on the bottom plate and the transfer case to tranny connection? Gaskets or sealant?
  9. Input shaft seal, how do I get to it?

Questions for the gurus: - RTV or do I buy gaskets (I am doing the bottom pan as well - so I could get a kit)? - Whats the best way to get the studs back in? - Where can I find torque values?
  10. Input shaft seal, how do I get to it?

This was the winner, took seconds - although I think the 4 nut approach would have worked well. So I got the plate off: If anyone is following this thread in order to learn how to do this, be careful as there is a spacer ring that goes on the plate and could easily get lost: I think its...
  11. Input shaft seal, how do I get to it?

Well I used the 2 nut method and got all but one out. She is stuck something fierce. No matter how tight I jam the nuts, the both turn left and if I hold the outer nut with a ratchet, shit dont budge. Tried some map gas heat, nothing. Need more leverage I think
  12. Input shaft seal, how do I get to it?

Thanks! Can I do this by putting two nuts on an wrenching on the bottom one? There seems to be no way to remove the studs otherwise.
  13. Input shaft seal, how do I get to it?

Ok i got the bellhousing off, now the bearing plate needs to come off. She won't budge. Do you think the bell housing studs need to come off? If so how do I do it?
  14. Input shaft seal, how do I get to it?

Here is a diagram, I think seal 5 is what is leaking. Looks like I'll take the bell housing off today and see what we got. I can't find any good pics on the forum, so I'll post up as I go.