• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Earl43P

1. 2.5L ('98-'01) 2000 2.5L EGR tube, available?

Dang, super response. Appreciate this place, and Franklin you rock. Semper Fi.
  2. 2.5L ('98-'01) 2000 2.5L EGR tube, available?

Longtime member, F250 owner now, refurbishing one of my old Rangers for my grandson. All was going well until the EGR tube from the EGR valve to the exhaust blew apart when we started the engine. It’s loud and runs poorly so I started looking for a new one. Can’t find it on any Auto Parts store...
  3. Help with 99 Ranger Diagnosis....

Slap that removed drum back on and drive it to a reputable local mechanic that does brake jobs. Have them do both sides. Expect to pay about $300, might be more if your parking brake cables need replaced too. Hard to tell from the photo. This is a common, standard drum brake part failure that...
  4. NEW TO ME 2001 Ranger XLT Suspension Questions

I'd be willing to bet the lower ball joints are the squeekers. If they have no zerks, they are likely original. I got a lot nicer ride on my old 2000 2.5 2wd by replacing the shocks and going with a wider/shorter tire set. I went with 235/65-16 and ditched the 225/75-15s (I think). It really...
  5. 3.0 4wd tire sizes / performance

My 2000 3.0 4wd MO5D came with 245/75-16 tires and 4.10 gears. It rode jouncy and gave average performance. Years ago, I put a set of Explorer take-offs (Craigslist) Dueler AT Revos, 235/75-15. They woke that truck up nicely, with better take-offs and 5th gear was more responsive. I had to...
  6. 07' b2300 engine in 02' 2.3 ranger, compatible?

They are the same engine, but there may be some differences through that many model years. Use what came on the old engine if you find any differences.
  7. 02 2.3L bucking studding, and backfiring

Most auto parts stores will test your alternator for free, while it is still installed. I'd start there, just to rule it out. While you are there, pick up a fuel filter and replace that.
  8. inner fender well..

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116658 I've seen a lot of old vinyl floor mats as gap guards. Unless you are referring to the actual inner fender liners. There are parts mounted to those. Junkyard! (I have a set of those from a 90, but won't ship them).
  9. Fuel Level... HELP!

22 ohms for Empty 145 for Full That's from 2000, don't know if it changed by 03.
  10. P1432 code please help

I'm gonna guess wiring issue that gets aggravated by romping on it. Try wiggling the wiring to that circuit, along with the other major engine harnesses that could flex with engine torque. Look for a loose fuse too.
  11. P1432 code please help

It means you have gone through enough drive cycles without the problem occurring to convince the PCM to turn the CEL off.
  12. 95 B2300 with camper I built

Heh, heh. I remember you getting broke down in some forest last year. Good to hear you are making out OK. You got a lot of spirit! Still Bloggin? How about a link?
  13. Manual Transmission won't go into gear

I got a 93 really cheap with that symptom. Its transmission was virtually dry/empty and the excess heat (I presume) made the slave quit working after about a mile. I put a replacement trans with a new slave in it. Yours might just be a bad slave (or less commonly, the Master) but you should...
  14. 2000 to 2001 2.5 swap

I strongly suspect they are EXACTLY the same. Mid-year 01 s when they started putting in the 2.3 Duratech, if I'm not mistaken. If you do find anything different, use your old engine parts/wiring. If nothing else, take a bunch of photos of the 01 and compare them to yours. I seriously doubt...
  15. 2002 vacuum line

Large diameter tube? Could be PCV.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad