• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by dw8

1. dw8

Leafspring differences

Needing to replace one of the leafsprings on my 2000 Supercab flareside bed 2wd. Are their differences in leafsprings? Does it matter if they come off a long or short bed? And I am assuming 2wd is different than 4wd.
  2. dw8

Driver side issues

Lowered the truck 2" with DJM springs back in May. Had all usual issues. Leans to the left, camber kit, etc. Fixed the lean with a half inch lift shackle on the rear. My issue is the drivers side hits harder on bumps than the passenger side. The drivers side doesn't take much to feel like...
  3. dw8

Dropped 2000 Ranger

Had her since Feb 27th. Been having a blast tinkering with it. Mods so far are Explorer instrument cluster swap, Pioneer touchscreen stereo, clear front turnsignals, 2006 taillights, and 2" DJM springs/spring hanger flip. Before and after pics attached.
  4. dw8

No rear opening doors

Looking at purchasing a 2003 Ranger supercab. The really strange thing about this truck is it has no rear opening doors. Anyone ever come across this before?
  5. dw8

Electric fan switch

Need some thoughts and options on how to do this. The vehicle is a 84 Ranger 2wd with a 302/AOD. I have an aftermarket electric fan mounted to a 91-94 Explorer radiator. I want to use the Imperial Adjustable Thermostatic Fan Control 226203. The problem is that the sensor probe is huge. And...
  6. dw8

Heater box

Before I put the 302 in, I tried removing the heater box. There are 4 nuts holding it onto the firewall. I got all of them but the bottom one under the blower motor. It felt smooth like a screw. No bolt at all. Is this normal?
  7. dw8

What am I missing???

Going to do the 302 install on my 1984 Ranger tomorrow. Tonight I tried to remove the heater box. Initial inspection showed 4 nuts holding it to the firewall. Got the top two out and started on the bottom two. That is where the trouble began. The bolt under the blower motor wasn't a bolt...
  8. dw8

Trans-Dapt Mounts

As I have mentioned in another thread. I am using the Trans-Dapt 9716 mounts on my 302 swap. I am down to drilling the holes for the mounts. The instructions for the 9716 mounts are fairly vague. Just mentions drilling a hole on the drivers side for pre 1992 Rangers. I found the...
  9. dw8

93 Ranger 3.0 Stalling/starting issues

My father called me a couple weeks ago saying his Ranger quit running. He said it just kept losing power and then finally died. When I got the chance to try and diagnose the truck later in the day, it would start and run. But would not run for long and then stall. If you gave it gas, it...
  10. dw8

Looking for clarity......

I have been digging through all the info on this site. And I can't seem to piece together the answer I am looking for. Putting an 302/AOD out of a 88 Crown Vic. I bought the trans dapt 9716 motor mount pads. My confusion lies in the motor mounts themselves. Am I to use the Mustang mounts or...
  11. dw8

Gen 1 Side markers

I recently purchased a set of clear taillights from aftparts.com. They carry all sorts of clear/smoked/led lights for american trucks. I inquired about clear side markers for the 83-84 Ranger/Bronco II. He said they used to make them. And would inquire at the plant if they will consider...
  12. dw8

New guy in WV

You all probably seen my post in the Parts Wanted Section about clear taillights. Today I finally got the little truck home. It's an 84 Ranger with the 2.0 in it. Picked these up on Monday real cheap. 14" It's going to be getting this.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad