• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DustinW2

1. DustinW2

Mabye for the clutch but i just use atf or gear oil in mine 🤷🏼‍♂️👍🏻

Mabye for the clutch but i just use atf or gear oil in mine 🤷🏼‍♂️👍🏻
  2. DustinW2

2.3L ('83-'97) 1990 2.3l Idles rough... vibrates horribly and idles around 800 RPM. HELP PLEASE!!!

Maybe timings off? Idk. I got a code for a faulty cylinder. But thats it.
  3. DustinW2

2.3L ('83-'97) 1990 2.3l Idles rough... vibrates horribly and idles around 800 RPM. HELP PLEASE!!!

Okay... nearly a year later i got everything replaced but idle is really high but super smooth. Throttle isnt there it just chokes the motor out. Only thing left is CPS... any help would be appreciated.
  4. DustinW2

My new shop truck!

I love youre silver 2nd gen and i would love for those mirrors to be on mine as well. Could you point me in the direction of what car you stole those off of? Thanks 👍🏻👍🏻
  5. DustinW2

I’ve been working on the truck for a couple weeks now and I haven’t pulled any codes but I’ve noticed my timing belt keeps walking. I’ve replaced the tensioner and belt. I’ve also tried different tightenings on the tension to reduce deflection. I can’t figure this truck out. I feel like I got it...
  6. DustinW2

That makes perfect sense... how do I control the spark advance? Do I have to replace coil packs? Or how does that work?
  7. DustinW2

I’m sorry Scott for the very vague post lol. But what I was saying was that my CPS was faulty because I didn’t have any spark.... I put a newer CPS on and then it started right up. I was just wondering if there’s a trick I’m missing on the timing set up or what... I have a new timing belt coming...
  8. DustinW2

Okay... I looked over everything and my CPS was faulty and this gave me the spark I needed and it started right up... but the timing keeps jumping, any ideas?
  9. DustinW2

How do I run obd1 without the tool... do I just count the check engine light sequence? It sounds like it’s on time... but when ever that brand new tps was plugged in it dies
  10. DustinW2

Okay I’m back guys!!! I got the the thing running at 3500 RPM and jumping at idle, which is obviously not correct. This was without the throttle position sensor plugged in. When I did plug in the TPS it stayed at 3500 consistently and then shut off after 5 secs. I replaced MAF, IAC,TPS, MAP, CPS...
  11. DustinW2

One more question... how the F$&@ do you get these damn spring lock fuel lines off ??
  12. DustinW2

No I haven’t... I haven’t ever had a fouled plug before but I’m willing to check... but do you have any ideas on why it would be at a higher rpm when you turn the key??
  13. DustinW2

It’s at 39 psi at the rail which is in spec. But it doesn’t explain the pop. It seems like I got a valve stuck open. It needs to be redone anyway so I’m gonna get that refreshed. I can’t test exact fuel pressure because it won’t run lol
  14. DustinW2

It’s what it’s supposed to be at and I’ve replaced everything that has to do with fuel so it’s not a pump... it just sounds like a computer/sensor that isn’t kicking on :/
  15. DustinW2

Okay... I’ve already replaced the intake manifold as of my new injectors and hasn’t ran ever since. I have been doing my research and it seems like it’s a sensor now. Maybe a Crank position sensor or a ignition control module, because it sounds like it’s just losing fuel before it cuts out...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad