• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by dpfurby

1. 2008 Ford F-150 4.6 liter engine....

I am looking to trade my Ranger in on a 2008 F150 with the 4.6 v8 gas engine. Did that model year have spark plug issues or am I ok?? My 4.0 V6 engine in my Ranger has been very good with 238000 miles on it! I just need a bigger truck. Any guidance appreciated.
  2. 1994 Ranger to 2001 Ranger questions-----

I have a 1994 Ranger 4wd/ auto/ 4.0 V6/ all power/ and am looking at a 2001 Ranger with the same 4wd/ auto/ 4.0 V6/ all power/. Only difference is that my 94 has high mileage and the 01 does not. Are there noticeable differences other than the body??? I like the newer body style. Like...
  3. Finding 'Hot" Wire on Run...

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger. I am trying to find a wire that is "hot" only when the engine is running. My thoughts are to tap off of the original radio power wire, that wire is Hot in ACC or RUN. The new device I am running is one of those little dash cams that draws very little. Would that be...
  4. Check Those Vaacuum Lines!!!!!!!

I have 1994 Ranger with the 4.0 engine. I have been getting bad gas mileage and my AC controls have not been working the best.... Yesterday I checked under the hood and the plastic style vaacuum line to the black plastic oblong vaacuum resevoir (mounted above the evaporator, passenger side) was...
  5. Insulating Low Side (Cold) AC lines?????

Would insulating the cold (low side) AC lines under the hood hurt anything??? Also-- Fan control speeds are OFF, 1, 2, 3 and HI--- they all work-- but if I put the control lever on AC MAX the blower would go faster yet-- but now it does not do that.... I checked the motor and replaced the...
  6. 1994 Ford Ranger 4X4 Front Wheel Bearings---

On my '94 Ranger 4X4 I just repacked and adjusted the front wheel bearings. All bearings were good with no pits or problems. I cleaned the bearings out first with brake cleaner and let them dry. Then repacked with the Hi -Temp grease for disc brakes. Assembled and torqed per the book. No...
  7. 1994 Ranger-- Blower Fan Does Not Run In "Hi"

I have the 1994 Ranger 4 liter V6, when running the blower in the AC mode, the fan does not blow in the "HI" Max AC mode. But on a rare ocassion, it will. Been doing this for a few months. Blower works in the other speeds. :sad: Checked-- motor and squirell cage fuses motor connections...
  8. Notes on 1994 Ranger Instrument Lights

I finally got around to replacing the qty. 17 GE194 instrument panel lights on my 1994 Ranger and here are some helpful notes: Disconnect battery. Used Torx / screwdrivers and small socket set. Form two "u" shaped wires to remove the factory radio by inserting the wires into the four holes on...
  9. 4 liter V6 Dieing and stalling.......

I have the 1994 Ranger with the 4 liter V6. It just started dieing and stalling out after it is warmed up. Happens at idle. When it dies it happens randomly, it then is hard to start back up. Just got it back in the driveway and it died out again. New fuel filter, full gas tank, new fuel pump...
  10. Towing with the A4LD..................

I have a 1994 Ranger with the A4LD (with overdrive). I tow occasionally a trailer 800# + 1800# of tractor = 2600# total. I tow in "3", even if the trailer is empty. Is that what everybody else does??? Not to tow in "OD"???
  11. A4LD Transmission Fluid Change-- Completely

I have a 1994 Ranger with the A4LD auto transmission and would like to do a COMPLETE fluid change, first I would take the pan off and that would drain off about 3 quarts, then install a new filter, then reattach the pan & new gasket, then disconnect RETURN line going to the transmission from...
  12. Too Cool Ranger 4.0 Engine.......................

Last summer was extremely hot, normal 15 mile trips to and from work, so I added an additional automatic transmission cooler next to the factory cooler. It helped some, not sure exactly how much. It did not hurt anything. I don't want to kill the second A4LD transmission. I know heat will hurt...
  13. Engine Thermostat for 4 liter V6-------

I have a 1994 Ranger with the 4 liter V6 engine-- Is a 198 degree F rated engine thermostat a good choice?? Thanks.
  14. 1994 Ranger Carrier Bearing----------------

I have a 1994 Ranger-- extended cab with the 2 piece driveshaft. I was checking out the carrier bearing-- the bearing is fine , but the rubber housing around the bearing is bad-- loose about 1/4 inch. I am getting vibrations at 65 when towing a small trailer. (T:icon_thumby:he load is positioned...
  15. Found problem--- Bad ECU-- Engine Control Unit...

I have the 1994 Ranger w/ 4 liter engine that the CEL kept coming on after warmup. I finally gave in and had it analyzed at the local shop. They found the ECU to be bad. When I look for a new ECU do all the numbers on it have to match?? I have not taken it out yet. Or how do I decipher the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad