Recent content by don4331

1. Are Ford and Mazda doors the same size? (interchangeable?)

Is it a Ranger with B series box? Or a Factory STX?? '05-07 Ranger STX has the B series box standard. (I figure it was Ford's way of getting value out of tooling). Doors are identical.
  2. New to forum and Mazda/Ranger pickup's with many Questions.

Some of you are making us look like amateurs; this is therangerstation, not some Tacoma forum for gosh sake. ;) '94 is crossover year for the B2200; I am assuming the truck you are looking at "looks like a Ranger" if you squint a little versus looking like a Datsun hardbody. If it has twin...
  3. Rusted out rear bed frame on a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

My $0.02 comment for a '98+ Ranger - get rear frame section from Ranger in non-rust belt region. My daughter and I removed box, repositioned jackstands, remove springs from front & rear spring hangers and sawzalled frame off at back of cab in less than couple hours. Which provided us with...
  4. 99' XLT Extended Cab

Comments: You don't "need" a filter relocation kit, the Explorer comes with 90* adapter that allows filter to fit. You might "want" the relocation kit.. How extravagant were you planning to get with rebuild?? If you get new pistons and bump compression a couple points, along with...
  5. Cab swap 2005 ext to a 1998 can it be done

Shannon: Physically, the '05 Extended cab has the exact same 6 mounting locations as the '98, so it bolt up no issue. But there are significant wiring differences from the '05 to the '98; easiest if both are 2wds and 3.0s. (4 cylinders are different between those years, as are 4.0s. And '98...
  6. My Moddbox Supercharger Kit Install

https://modd.me/ is back up & running. How up and running the company is might be separate issue; but it was hobby business.
  7. '99 to Live Axle Swap: Noob Advice?

I went to Timken's page - http://www.showmetheparts.com/timken/ And there does indeed appear to be some differences: The critical dimension "H" (bolt circle diameter for the bearing mount to the knuckle) on the attribute page shows 4.75" for the Explorer (Timken part SP450200) and for '04-'09...
  8. $100,000 Chevy and Ford factory pickup offerings

How the rules were explained to me: CDL is required at 26k lbs GCWR and/or trailer of 10lbs GVWR. e.g. Truck of 26k lbs GVWR Truck of 21k lbs GVWR + trailer of 5k lbs GVWR = 26k lbs GCWR Truck of 9k lbs GVWR + trailer of 10 lbs GVWR = 19k lbs GCWR Doesn't matter if truck/trailer is unloaded...
  9. How to increase load capacity?

The right answer is get a trailer. Solve the problem, not the symptoms. At ~650 lbs, the issue isn't really weight, Rangers (B4000s) are rated for 1,250 lbs. 'course that gets reduced by options, passengers, etc before you get to actual payload. But you should still be fine. Your issue is...
  10. ABS kicking in

Over the weekend I swapped the rear axle in wife's Explorer Sport as existing axle was howling. I removed the brakes from old axle and transplanted to new so lines were never opened. I did initially forget to reconnect the differential sensor but realized real quick when ABS light stayed on...
  11. '99 to Live Axle Swap: Noob Advice?

For the hub in newer knuckle, you have a 32mm nut on the axle, then the 3 bolts. Personally, I loosen them about 3 turns, then tap them to free the hub. then I can finish removing the bolts and the hub will drop out. Reassembly is pretty much the reverse. Torsion isn't that scarey when the...
  12. 4x4 advice

https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/99-to-live-axle-swap-noob-advice.181683/#post-1669605
  13. Elon musk.....

Road tax up here is $0.28/litre = $1.04 US gal! But our population density is lower, so more road/person to maintain, and the extreme temperature between summer and winter means more maintenance - not that I am happy about it given the condition of the roads. $156/yr is based on about 50% of...
  14. Engine swap help!

Does it physically fit - absolutely; would I do it - probably not. Your '00 Ranger has 4.0 ohv; the '03 would be a 4.0 sohc. https://www.therangerstation.com/stock-ranger-specifications/ford-ranger-4-0l-v6/ So, your '00 computer wouldn't quite correctly control the new engine, so you won't...
  15. Elon musk.....

I can see tax revenue being an issue - ~25% of cost of gasoline here in Alberta is "road tax" (Was 33% before UCP repealed the "carbon tax"). That's a lot of money to be losing. I consider gasoline tax, a fair tax as it is based on consumption - if I'm driving more, I'm wearing out road more...