don4331's latest activity

• don4331 replied to the thread Semi Truck Ranger.
    I'm not sure that's an air line... I looked at the height of the air bags on the forward rear axle and there aren't any brackets in...
  • don4331 replied to the thread Semi Truck Ranger.
    Everything back of the cab on that truck is 2x4" rectangular tube from local metal store - no relation to OEM steel. Some of the...
  • don4331 replied to the thread Can anyone identify this axle?.
    I'm trying to remember if 1st gen explorers, aka TTB ones, were spring over. On 2nd gen, aka SLA Expos, there is a shock mounted to the...
  • don4331 replied to the thread Your biggest mistakes..
    3 stand out to date, all from before I started with Rangers: My dad sold me his '68 F-100 4x4 as my 1st vehicle. Rebuilt the front...
  • Having been bathed if ATF one too many times, the last 2 transmission/transfer case combos I have pulled, I have left the transfer case...
  • don4331 replied to the thread CONVERTING a 2wd to a 4wd ?.
    If you want to install the TTB front axle, you need to replace the front crossmember from your TIB one from a 4wd. So, as Josh says...
  • don4331 replied to the thread Campers For Rangers.
    Saskatchewan closed the "recreational vehicle" exemption waiver a few years back - now if you're towing >4,500kg/have air brakes, you...
    I'm not sure the trucks were overweight on rear GAWR but they were overweight on GVWR. In my collect of stupid stuff, I have a brochure...
    • born free camper.jpg
  • don4331 reacted to JohnnyO's post in the thread Campers For Rangers with Like Like.
    I always thought something like the 1969 Jeep CJ-5 camper with its own axle would be great for my Sport Trac. :D www.cj5camper.com
    I think you are under estimating: Brochure Capri Cowboy weight: 695 lbs; Manual Hapijacks 125 lbs; Coleman A/C 96 lbs = 916 lbs (and...
    Apologies: Rant over brochure "dry weight" and "ready to roll weight" I have an Adventurer 76R camper for my Ranger. Dry weight -...
  • don4331 replied to the thread 4x4 vacuum hubs.
    When you look at the hub, does it have a nut? (live axle) or not (vac hub) Vac hubs provide slightly better fuel economy - not turning...
  • I think one thing to consider with all arguments about which is stronger and why they are rated the way they are aside... God forbid...
  • don4331 reacted to RonD's post in the thread Can I safely tow a Ranger with a Ranger? with Like Like.
    I take no offense to any of this :) I think we are all in agreement on which is more reliable, manual trans Only difference of opinion...
  • The max GCWR for M50D is 7,800 lbs; the max GCWR for 3.0 is 7,500 lbs (with 5R44E) - so, strength of transmission isn't the limiting...