don4331's latest activity

• For the hub in newer knuckle, you have a 32mm nut on the axle, then the 3 bolts. Personally, I loosen them about 3 turns, then tap them...
  • don4331 replied to the thread 4x4 advice.
    https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/99-to-live-axle-swap-noob-advice.181683/#post-1669605
  • don4331 replied to the thread Elon musk......
    Road tax up here is $0.28/litre = $1.04 US gal! But our population density is lower, so more road/person to maintain, and the extreme...
  • don4331 replied to the thread Engine swap help!.
    Does it physically fit - absolutely; would I do it - probably not. Your '00 Ranger has 4.0 ohv; the '03 would be a 4.0 sohc...
    I can see tax revenue being an issue - ~25% of cost of gasoline here in Alberta is "road tax" (Was 33% before UCP repealed the "carbon...
    Somewhat redundant response as I type too slow: What Elon has done is made cost of EV close enough to ICE that debate is now possible...
  • don4331 replied to the thread Auto to stick swap help needed.
    M5OD-R1 from a 4.0 Ranger would bolt to 2.9 and they should be dime a dozen; but that is beside point now. So, before you bolted the...
  • don4331 replied to the thread Newer to older rear frame 125"..
    Pics from my long bed super cab; they were meant to show how cab to axle portion is consistent, with an additional 6" behind the rear...
    • IMGP1239.JPG
    • IMGP1238.JPG
    • IMGP1237.JPG
  • Specific on the parts: '95-'01 Explorer 5 door '95-'03 Explorer 3 door aka Sport '01-'05 Explorer Sport Trac '97-01 Mountaineer '00½-'11...
  • don4331 reacted to snoranger's post in the thread '99 to Live Axle Swap: Noob Advice? with Like Like.
    When I did the torsion bars on my 95 Explorer: I set the frame on tall jack stands. I lowered the lower control arms down until they...
  • Asking question in just one place is more likely to get answer than shotgun approach. The easiest solution is to get a 4r44e or 4r55e...
  • don4331 replied to the thread Differential.
    Snow on side streets here in Alberta, starts coming down in Nov. And cul-de-sac I live in and side street I work off have been plowed...
  • don4331 replied to the thread 225 70 R14 to 235 75 R15 issue.
    Jay: Do you have a '98 as per this post? Or '96 as per your signature?? '96 should have a 2.3l Lima engine with 4R44E transmission...
    I have to swap tires front to back at least 2x year to keep wear even. Swapping winters for summers and vice versus means I don't have...
    All depends on the snow/ice conditions, but I have never seen a condition where studs reduced traction. Recognize, alwayFlOoReD (and...