don4331's latest activity

• don4331 replied to the thread Hey Ford!!! Screw you guys!!!!.
    Everything revolves around cost. Honda has been manufacturing open deck engines for going on 3 decades, yet Honda has an enviable...
  • don4331 reacted to franklin2's post in the thread Hey Ford!!! Screw you guys!!!! with Like Like.
    The whole idea is to throw the vehicle together as cheap and quickly as possible. Keys and keyways cost money to make and install.
  • don4331 replied to the thread 3.4l v8.
    Not the greatest picture
    • sho v8 bellhousing.jpg
  • don4331 replied to the thread 3.4l v8.
    The SHO V6 is based off the Vulcan V6, so yes, it will bolt up to a Vulcan M5OD. The SHO V8 is based off the Duratech V6 - its...
  • don4331 replied to the thread Swapping gears in Dana 35 sla.
    The most common place to find 4.10 gears is a '97-01 Ford Explorer with 4.0/auto. The extra weight of the Expo resulted in Ford...
  • don4331 replied to the thread Towing capacity?.
    But assuming OEM torque converter, it is locked up way before the engine hits torque peak, so converter output basically equals input.
    You're usually go darn good... 4R44E is rated for 440 N*m, Ford was metric by this time - 2.3l, 3.0l, 4.0l engines, etc. 440 N*m = 325...
    Vermont trailer laws: http://trailers.com/state-laws/vermont.php (Going from signature) For trailers <3k lbs, it needs to be <40% of...
  • don4331 replied to the thread Coronavirus.
    7! he should have at least 3 years of hockey under his belt as good Cdn kid. :D My kids have payed since they were 5 (my daughter is 17...
  • don4331 replied to the thread Regular cab to Supercab.
    On pre '98, I think this is pretty easy as the cab mounts are riveted to the frame. It is PIA to lift cab high enough to clear engine...
  • don4331 reacted to 1990RangerinSK's post in the thread Ceramic paint crap..... with Like Like.
    Nope Nope. THIS Queen: Queen Victoria, of Great Britain (and Canada).
  • Yes, you have to correctly "seat" the torque converter into the transmission. I usually find there are 3 stages: 1. The initial...
  • Carrier bearings fail and need to be replaced, so it should be removable/replaceable should you ever want to go back - Not sure why you...
  • Read as put doner slip on 88 1210 shaft inverted. 1210 at hanger..1330 at axle. Untill you can upgrade it all later.
  • 1st question - did you make the Supercab long box yourself/did previous owner? Ford never manufactured a SuperCab long box, they are...