• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Don Tweaker

1. SCT tune 4.0 manual trans

I managed to find someone at SCT that took out the items that the truck didn't come with.... well except for the auto trans settings. The most annoying issue was the idle. Startup cold haha Florida so 70 degrees was 2800 rpm and coasting idle 2400 rpm. At 35 mph in forth gear 1800 rpm shift into...
  2. SCT tune 4.0 manual trans

yes, I have the x-4 for ford. It will let me download 87, 89, and 91 octane. To make a custom tune their is everything in the data tables that have nothing to do with this truck, Like direct injection and cam phaser. I didn't want to have to go thru everything just to retard timing in a specific...
  3. SCT tune 4.0 manual trans

Does anyone have a SCT tune that I can start with? I contacted SCT before purchasing the x4 and advantage 3 to make sure I ordered the correct product. Now I find out almost every thing was a lie. I was told the x4 will upload the file to adjust and that is true on GM vehicles, but not ford. For...
  4. Oil Cooler

Finally got it! Lower radiator hose has a restrictor and two ports for oil cooler.
  5. Oil Cooler

Picture of what I have. I imagine if I had the other hose I could figure it out.
  6. Oil Cooler

I’m adding an oil cooler from the 4.0 explorer (ordered from Ford) anyone else done this? I have not been able to find any info other than the cooler and one line. No diagrams nothing! Does anyone have a picture? Do a sketch? I see the pin on the cooler to locate it, but nothing on the coolant lines
  7. 2004 4x4 restoration started

Frame is actually a very lite gray, Eastwood epoxy primer. bottom of cab is Rustoleum industrial gloss white. this truck had massive oil leaks, dirt and sludge everywhere! so I made everything light colored so it never gets that bad again or at least i will be able to see how bad it is before...
  8. smart junction box?

Drivers door unlock switch found copper wire broken inside wire insulation 1/8 inch from switch connector. passenger door unlock solenoid not working found wire crimp inside b connector on smart junction box broke. Smart junction box from other truck appears good it even allowed me to program...
  9. smart junction box?

Thanks for the info and I looked it up. From what I read it appears that the programming is needed to turn off/on functions per vehicle. anyone know if their are other reasons?
  10. 2004 4x4 restoration started

Suspension, motor and transmission rebuilt. Took it for a test ride down the street on Saturday slung the dam vacuum chamber for the ac out on the street. LOL
  11. When to call it quits

I just rebuilt my 4.0 because the timing chain spring steel supports under the plastic guides went down to the crank, some made it past the stud girdle into the lower pan but noticed a crack in one piston skirt. metal was ground off guides but all the bearings looked great oil filter did its...
  12. smart junction box?

Hi all, I purchased a 2004 4.0 manual 4x4 with no power options and did a restoration down to bare frame. While in pieces I went to the salvage yard and picked up a wire harness and smart junction box with power options. Apparently the smart junction box has some issues, passenger unlock button...
  13. 2004 4x4 restoration started

Frame back from sand blasting, the reassemble has started. Waiting on more epoxy paint
  14. Manual transmission question

I have a new to me 2004 4.0 sohc manual trans 4x4 that has a 3.40 first gear ratio. Does anyone know of any transmission’s with different ratios that will work? The 2.5 and 3.0 motors first gear trans have a 3.72 first gear. Will Internal gears swap out?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad