• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DNGRNGR89

1. DNGRNGR89

89 2.3l cranks but no fire! What gives?

I have a 1989 2.3L 4x4 5-speed Ranger. The other day I parked the truck to fix the drum brakes, when I was finished with the brakes I went to drive the truck and it would crank hard but would never fire. I've done a little diagnosing so far but am starting this thread because tomorrow I'm really...
  2. DNGRNGR89

Need new shocks / high rider or not

Okay, so I NEED to buy new shocks. When I went to Oreilly's to get a set, they asked if I had the high rider option. I never knew that existed but have always thought my Ranger sits higher than most. The High Rider shocks are special order, so I want to make sure I know what I have. I have been...
  3. DNGRNGR89

Dngrngr89 fix up thread

Dngrngr89 build thread 1989 FORD RANGER 2.3L XLT 4x4 COSMETIC'S FIXED: Painted trim, front grille, emblems, and wheels BLACK New flag mirrors & front headlight assemblies High intensity bulbs all the way around Smoked rear lenses New BFG All Terrain T/A KO's 235 75 R15 New WARN locking...
  4. DNGRNGR89

Need Good Hubs

My Hubs are broken and I need to repair them before old man winter strikes. My truck is an 1989 Ford Ranger 2.3L 4x4 XLT, I priced them at Oreilly's for $180 bucks that met or exceeded manufacturer's specs. I need to figure out if my axle is a 23 spline, and if there is anywhere better for me...
  5. DNGRNGR89

DIY Mechanic Needing Help

I'm having issues with my 1989 2.9L 4x4 Ranger. It started four days ago on my commute to work. I was traveling on the highway and my truck began to forcefully "cut out". It seemed to be timed in spurts of two, and each time it happened the check engine light flashed and it felt as if my truck...
  6. DNGRNGR89

Newbie 89 Ranger from Kansas

Well I finally bought my Ranger two weeks ago, so I figured I should sign up as a member since I plan to own for years to come. I've been using TRS for a few months now in my search for a new daily driver/work truck. The resources on this site are awesome, it's had answers for every question I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad