• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Dlillie87

1. Dlillie87

01 Ranger ac not cooling fully

I've had Firestone look at my truck twice in the last week. Last week they vacuumed and recharged the system with new freon and dye. Today they checked and said there no leaks that they can see. The air coming from the vents is barely cool, and the compressor isn't staying on more than 3-5...
  2. Dlillie87

Ranger body on a FS bronco frame...?

I know this isn't a popular way to get a V8 under the hood of a ranger, but I have my reasons lol. I know some have done it with F150 frames, which are pretty similar. Does anyone know how to center the fender wells over the front wheels and also clear the engine/firewall? On a ranger the engine...
  3. Dlillie87

Ranger body on FS Bronco Frame??

Yea all the mounts will have to be custom, and I'm doing a flatbed so wheelbase isn't as big of a concern. But that gives me hope that it will work, especially if he has a 460
  4. Dlillie87

Ranger body on FS Bronco Frame??

Is anyone still around that has done this swap? I'm about to put my 86 ranger cab on a bronco frame. Trying to find out if I'll be able to keep the same front to rear alignment of the front body mounts the same and be able to clear the engije with the ranger firewall. I do plan on a body lift of...
  5. Dlillie87

Permanently cover cowl vent...

Does that do hot and cold? I'm looking at an auxillary heater that jegs sells I can duct into my existing defrost channel. But it only does heat, which is fine by me. It's less than 200 bucks
  6. Dlillie87

NP435/BW1345 pair in a 1gen Ranger?

I'm asking about the tcase. I did use the search and it didn't pull anything up
  7. Dlillie87

NP435/BW1345 pair in a 1gen Ranger?

I picked these up cheap as a pair. Will the tcase fit between the rails with a 3 inch body lift? I'd like to not have to find a different tcase.
  8. Dlillie87

Loose seat hinge, 86 ranger

I don't think the passenger seat does it...but I'll double check. If that's the case, it's one more reason for me to dislike engineers. Thanks for the reply
  9. Dlillie87

Loose seat hinge, 86 ranger

One of the hinges on my driver's seat doesn't catch. The side with the lever does just fine, but the other side will still rock back. Has anyone successfully fixed this problem before? Picture just for clarification of where the problem is
  10. Dlillie87

Dana28 TTB to dana44 TTB

I already have a Dana 44 TTB from an f150 I had before this project started. So I would have to sell it and then find a Dana 35. I don't think the weight will be an issue since I'm putting and built 302 in the truck. I've just been working with as much of what I already have as I can. If I found...
  11. Dlillie87

Dana28 TTB to dana44 TTB

This probably belongs in the axle section...if the powers that be could make that happen please. Thanks
  12. Dlillie87

Dana28 TTB to dana44 TTB

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this and have everything work properly. I've been thinking that just mounting the 44 into the 28 mounts, trimming the axle shaft, and moving the upper spring mounts away from the frame was the easiest method. Someone on FB suggested this...
  13. Dlillie87

Wobbly steering column in engine bay

Thanks. I'll disassemble it and see what's wore out
  14. Dlillie87

Wobbly steering column in engine bay

I can't post the video, but I can grab my steering intermediate shaft and it wobbles all around the hole in the firewall. The rag joints are shot but that shouldn't cause this. The steering column isn't lose where it mounts under the dash. Any thoughts on what is wrong or where I can start...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad