• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by djjauntyj

1. Backing plate for 10" rear brakes... any ideas?

@pjtoledo yes indeed... I was sure to mention the cross-posting, see the top post above. Wasn't sure if I'd end up with a repair thread, or a parts-sourcing thread! Hopefully I didn't break too many rules, apologies if I did! @ThatOneGuy I see your location says south sound, which town are you...
  2. Backing plate for 10" rear brakes... any ideas?

@sgtsandman I guess the question isn't really *whether I should* try to fix it -- that's a given, obviously there's little to lose. The question really is "has anyone here had success in straightening a warped backing plate, and if so, how did you do it?" Hoping to avoid messing it up worse...
  3. Wanted Backing plate - '98 7.5" axle, 10" brakes, passenger side

pjtoledo/Bgunner, I didn't realize this might be the case until I got the old one off... I couldn't tell if it's perfectly symmetrical but it sounds like it is, or it's at least close enough, I imagine! If I can't get my old one straight, this would be a fine plan B. Spendy ($160+!), but they're...
  4. Wanted Backing plate - '98 7.5" axle, 10" brakes, passenger side

- Scouring the yards for a whole new rear end (meaning driving out there and physically looking; yards never know what specific rear ends they have unless it's high-performance or something special) - Finding the *right* one (not trying to change ratios, give up LS, etc.) - Pulling it (maybe...
  5. Wanted Backing plate - '98 7.5" axle, 10" brakes, passenger side

Hey all... recently the passenger rear wheel on my '98 2WD SuperCab had an unfortunate run-in with a curb. The impact destroyed the wheel and bent the axle shaft and brake backing plate slightly. It's a 7.5" LS axle with the bigger 10" brake drums (not 9"). Now, I have all the new parts lined up...
  6. Machine shop recommendations?

Is there anyone here in Western Washington who can recommend a machine shop in the greater Seattle area? Primarily for cylinder heads and general engine stuff. Thanks in advance!
  7. Backing plate for 10" rear brakes... any ideas?

Hey all... recently the passenger rear wheel on my '98 2WD SuperCab had an unfortunate run-in with a curb. The impact destroyed the wheel and bent the axle shaft and brake backing plate slightly. It's a 7.5" LS axle with the bigger 10" brake drums (not 9"). Now, I have all the new parts lined up...
  8. 1998 3.0L transplant... 4WD-5sp to 2WD-auto

Hey folks... so as I wrote in my intro post, I have a '98 3.0L/2WD/auto truck that I'm pretty sure needs an engine. I have a line on one at a yard about an hour away, already pulled. It's same year, 148k miles, but out of a 4x4/5-speed truck. My plan would be to go through it with the typical...
  9. Another new guy here

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, sounds like my situation will be similar. I have a line on a replacement engine, same year with 148k, but out of a 4WD 5-speed truck (mine's 2WD auto.) So was the harness the only thing you had to swap over? (Besides flywheel/flex plate and all that.)
  10. Another new guy here

Hey folks... new to the forum. Been a Ford guy forever but I now own my first Ranger: a super clean, lowish miles '98 2WD SuperCab 3.0L... with a severely blown head gasket. Like, probably-needs-an-engine blown. I figured I'd better get in with the folks who know these trucks, haha. Looking...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad