• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DIYer314

1. DIYer314

5.0 explorer engine swap into 1988 ford ranger xlt

thank-you for the information. I think an automatic may be the way to go
  2. DIYer314

5.0 explorer engine swap into 1988 ford ranger xlt

https://www.usapartsonline.com/product-page/1997-ford-explorer-engine-5-0l-vin-p-8th-dig-w-o-egr-hole-in-exh-man?gclid=Cj0KCQjwz6ShBhCMARIsAH9A0qXg9ORyV0NJzFyawAUz_oVWww6xOW4fRWQDNhY1aST1ZI_MvrrfitcaAi_yEALw_wcB Would an engine like this be a solid choice for the swap?
  3. DIYer314

1988 Ford Ranger XLT super cab engine, trans, and transfer case swap - opinions on ford 300 inline 6, t18 and np208

Saw a thread mostly recommended the ford 302, 351w or a explorer 5.0 Which one is the easiest and will get me up and running quicker for less?
  4. DIYer314

1988 Ford Ranger XLT super cab engine, trans, and transfer case swap - opinions on ford 300 inline 6, t18 and np208

Came out of 84 f150 146k miles used as a farm truck. Fluids good, oil coolant Need help determining if it would be a good swap into my ranger. My ranger is 4x4 35 inch tires and swapping an 8.8 Ford explorer rear axle right now in.
  5. DIYer314

1988 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab - 7.5 Rear Axle Swap To Ford 8.8

Hell yeah the pipe wrench worked!!!!!!!! on the flare that was rounded off
  6. DIYer314

I think I should try to get this bolt out. The work to get everything connected won't be as bad. I'll try a few more times
  7. DIYer314

you were right on the 3/16th brake line and nuts. Got a stuck flare nut at the t junction of the ranger. Not sure what to do. Got the 1st one off the right way with cutting the pipe and using a socket on it. The 2nd one I used vice grips. Its stripped. Wish I would have done the same with this...
  8. DIYer314

Talked with my neighbor and he can do TIG welding. Trying to figure out pinion angle. I measured 11 degrees on the axle / rear drive shaft and 13 degrees on the shaft from the transfer case. Where can I get measurements that were standard for the vehicle and for the 8.8 swap I think the axle...
  9. DIYer314

the output at the transfer case was 13 deg and 11 at the rear axle. Doing an axle swap and was...

the output at the transfer case was 13 deg and 11 at the rear axle. Doing an axle swap and was going to go with 11 degrees the perch mounts. Also, where did you get your transmission and engine?
  10. DIYer314

How would you determine what pinion angle is best?

How would you determine what pinion angle is best?
  11. DIYer314

any do a SBC swap into a 88 ford ranger? Thinking about putting the 383 in

any do a SBC swap into a 88 ford ranger? Thinking about putting the 383 in
  12. DIYer314

383 Stroker Swap into V6 platform - 88 Ford Ranger

I'll have to do emissions, yes. If there is a will there is a way. I'll check out Ranger Fab works
  13. DIYer314

383 Stroker Swap into V6 platform - 88 Ford Ranger

No lol. I want a discussion about things to think about and the swap. Hopefully there is no undertones of that. Need help on wiring the engine and what is needed. If anyone has wiring suggestions that would help

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad