Recent content by Dirtman

1. Dirtman

2.5L ('98-'01) Cheap fix for cracked oil pan?

Use JB weld putty. grind the crack out a bit and use JB fuel tank putty. Its immune to damn near every chemical on earth and will dry even if the surface is dirty or wet. I used it to fix a aluminum trans pan once. It was a temporary fix that ended up permanent. I literally applied it as trans...
  2. Dirtman

2.3L ('02-'11) Mystery vacuum leak or something...

Fixed! I think... computers "disired idle RPM" and "actual idle RPM" now match. Unplugging the IAC now causes the RPMs to drop about 150-200 rpms and fuel trims are re-learning. Long term at idle is already down from +15.6 to +9.3 and still adjusting.
  3. Dirtman

Bolt in swap

I ment why go with 3.73 over 4.10... but yes an 8.8 is a direct bolt on replacement for a 7.5 finding one with the factory LSD can be tricky but they are out there.
  4. Dirtman

Bolt in swap

Yes it is quite is easy to swap in another ranger axle with 3.73 gears (doing the whole axle is easier than swapping just the gears). but out of curiosity... good god why?
  5. Dirtman

What’s for dinner tonite!

6. Dirtman

General engine diagnostic question

V6's can easily be converted into 4 cylinders.
  7. Dirtman

Parts of what follows below were actually painful to write. However, because of the ongoing misinformation campaigns launched by Snoranger and his apple-polishers I feel it is my duty to write this. The points I plan to make in this letter will sound tediously familiar to everyone who wants to...
  8. Dirtman

New brake booster - pedal remains soft

Just throwing this out there. Master cylinders can fail without leaking and loosing fluid. Not saying your master is dead, just saying visible leaks are not the definitive test. They can leak internally where the fluid simply remains in the reservoir instead of being forced down the lines.
  9. Dirtman

I did a leak down test of the manifold while I have it off and sealed up. I duck taped over the EGR port and lower runners and then farted down the throttle body port. Couldn't smell any leaks. :dunno: PUT THAT IN YOUR SHOP MANUAL FORD!
  10. Dirtman

helpful tip about PS pulley removal

Very sexy.
  11. Dirtman

I've been hesitating to write this letter because I've been afraid that, if I did, Petroleumjunkie would do everything in his power to make me hide in a closet. But after reading about Petroleumjunkie's bellicose missives, I could hesitate no longer. Before I begin, let me point out that...
  12. Dirtman

I farted on your car.
  13. Dirtman

Speaking of the EGR...its one of the things i just looked closely at for a possible vac leak. Im still baffled how it works, the EGR tube runs from the intake to the block but the valve is at the back of the engine. Can't access it without removing the trans but the port runs through the block...
  14. Dirtman

2.3 duratec makes more power than a 2.9... just pointing that out...
  15. Dirtman

Hello

If you ever want electrical help RonD is the resident expert. Somehow that guys knows every wire color and pinout from memory...