Recent content by Dirtman

1. Dirtman

TRS Word Association Game

George Clinton
  2. Dirtman

Anyone know what size Torx bit the lower intake takes?

Would you rather they were Phillip's? :icon_idea:
  3. Dirtman

Remove cats and stright pipe to muffler

Science Nerd!
  4. Dirtman

Want to clear up space in engine bay

Who cares about crap like that as long as it looks cool...
  5. Dirtman

1997 Ranger fuel leak when full

Those people are never useful, It's always "run away and call for help" or "when will you feed us" with them. :rolleyes:
  6. Dirtman

New Coolant Recommendations for 1987 2.9L V6

I read the whole thing. Not only is it incoherent rambling nonsense void of any scientific reasoning in a strange attempt to sell snake oil, it's very basic principle is invalid. Distilled water is NOT the same as deionized water. Not that deionized water is bad for a cooling system anyway...
  7. Dirtman

NOTICE Recent Forum Conduct

I know this was me. I'm sorry. I abused the tailgate. I'll keep my posts PG. Sorry Jim. Seriously.
  8. Dirtman

Misfire code would be a p0300-p0306 you said it had a misfire but those codes aren't there. The last code is TPS sensor.
  9. Dirtman

What's it like to drive a V8 ranger?

If you stop and think about it, engines is goes vroom.
  10. Dirtman

tpms tire sensors 2008 ford ranger

My 2009 has Autel sensors and they programmed fine with the crappy 20 dollar amazon tool. Can't say how durable they are since I've only had them for 6 months. I'd stay away from Dorman, or any weird no name Chinese brand. Like Adsm said, try ford sensors first.
  11. Dirtman

Well the fix is to find out the issue first. Need to get the actual codes (numbers). Autozone or places like that will do it free. Write down the numbers not what the guy says it means. A misfire dumps excess fuel into the exhaust, excess fuel burns up cats.
  12. Dirtman

What are the codes? Cat's are probably fried but could also be red hot from excess fuel. Would be impossible for them to get that bad with no DTCs. If you don't fix the problem you will just ruin new cats if you replace them.
  13. Dirtman

Some people don't have spare people laying around. :mad: I gotta make a hoist for mine to remove it this summer.
  14. Dirtman

And there's nothing to gain performance wise if that's your goal here. (It'll actually hurt performance). Illegal and pointless.
  15. Dirtman

Most likely a crack in the filler neck. Cheap and easy to replace.