• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DirtBronco

1. DirtBronco

BII prices?? Funny stuff

Buy the dip. The same could have been said about the second gen Range Rover. Everyone hated them so they trashed them and you could pick them up for 3 figures. Now a really good one will set you back 30k.
  2. DirtBronco

1989 Build

In the process of finding a replacement body, I've been fooling around with my other project, a 2001 F-150. Right now, it's the candidate for an engine swap and last night I came across this: 32v InTech engine out of a '99 Navigator Morana's dual plane intake Whoops...
  3. DirtBronco

Sending unit for an 89 not listed?

Amazon has them. I ordered one a few months ago.
  4. DirtBronco

Which grille looks better

^ for that reason, I like the one on the right. There's no vertical elements to the design of that gen ranger. It matches the body lines better. The ranger is a minimalist truck, the minimalist grill fits. <smokes long cigarette, wears black beret>
  5. DirtBronco

1989 Build

@ecgreen how about a sheared floor pan?
  6. DirtBronco

1989 Build

Finally figured out what was holding the plastic on. Turns out the carpeted bit lifts off to reveal screws. Got all the trim off, kinda wish I didn't. PO stuffed insulating foam between the sheared metal to conceal it, clever. Looks like I'm gonna go order new inner fenders as well...
  7. DirtBronco

1989 Build

@Shran You could call this a restomod of sorts. Hot cam, headers, etc... I'm not much of a rock crawler but it will definitely see more dirt than the lifted WJ's prowling around Atlanta. Replacement rear quarter panels are in the mail along with some harbor freight paint guns. The next big issue...
  8. DirtBronco

1989 Build

I'm feeling a bit inept right now. How does one remove this broad piece of trim. All the screws are out, overhead handle's off. It feels like its caught on the carpeted bit beneath the window but I can't see far enough to find what it's secured with.
  9. DirtBronco

BII/2nd Gen Ranger T-Case Question

I realize after about 5 minutes with the search bar that was a stupid question. But look what I found! Now I'm really confused... @SenorNoob, looks like you were right.
  10. DirtBronco

Thanks! I guess all thats left is to get the correct electric t-case. There's a '92 Explorer at my Pull-A-Part. It has a A4LD and 4WD Will that case bolt up to my FM146?
  11. DirtBronco

@ericbphoto This look like it?
  12. DirtBronco

Given all the hackery, its a fair bet the current case doesn’t have a motor in it. I’ll crack it open when the chassis is separated to confirm. Where is the control box located?
  13. DirtBronco

So in order to swap back to the e-shift, should I be able to get away with snagging the electric motor? Seeing as I have the t-case, dash switches, and wiring behind it? What all else would be left?
  14. DirtBronco

1989 Build

So this happened... Turns out the vehicle came with an e-shift transfer case but at some point an owner installed the floor yoke. The intent will be to revert back to the buttons. I would like to offer the biggest of middle fingers to the team of engineers who thought this was an acceptable...
  15. DirtBronco

Well... this is mildly embarrassing... In process of pulling the dash and found this little guy. More dummy t-case nonsense?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad