• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Derek costello

1. Lowering a 2021 Ranger

I have the original wheels and tires on my lowered ford ranger. I used Belltech's rear axel flip kit (5") and the 2 .75" front lowering shocks & stock springs (not the best). This is on a 2021 4wheel dr. ranger. Derek
  2. Lowering a 2021 Ranger

I lowered my 2021 ranger 5" at the rear and 3" at the front It looks great, it corners better, less sway, I can get in and out without a step ladder and I can use the tail gate as a bench. I used Belltechs kit for the rear which is a well designed kit but don't use Belltech for the front as it...
  3. How to lower the rear?

Can you post pictures of the truck after lowering? it would be inspiring! Derek
  4. On new Ranger lowering!

I have ordered the new Beltech lowering kit ($730.) for my 2021 Ranger and will report on the install. Derek.
  5. Test Drive Impression(s)

Thats right, YOU CANT BUY A 2WHEEL Dr. RANGER IN CANADA ! believe me I tried every way I could, it is a US Ford decision to only sell/force 4 wheel dr. on Canadians. We have to pay $4,000. more for a 4 wheel drive we don't want! Ford's reason is they make far more money and their excuse...
  6. Lowering a 2021 Ranger

Their are two plates on top of the axel above the single leaf rear spring if I remove those and flatten the main leaf I would lower it about 2" max! I want to lower it 3 1/2" at the back and 2" at the front so it sits lower and level............So the only to lower it properly is to put the leaf...
  7. Lowering a 2021 Ranger

I will document the process doing the lowering of my 2021 ford ranger when I do it. So far their seems to be no ready made kits for this, I'm wanting to lower 3" at the rear and 2" at the front. I will be trying to retain the helper leaf at the rear and already know I have to reduce the size...
  8. How to lower the rear?

It is nice to give all points of view but if we remember the discussion refers ONLY to a 2021 ford ranger this truck has only ONE rear leaf, the other leaf is a separated helper, which comes into play when the truck is loaded to it's max.
  9. How to lower the rear?

Hi, Skippy here,.... I see we are both right, if the spring hanger is fastened to the side of the frame longer shackles would lower the truck regardless of the axle mounting position ! But if the axle is mounted on the bottom of the spring ...and..... the spring is mounted directly under...
  10. How to lower the rear?

Hi, The spring rear leaf is indeed on top of the axle so a longer shackle will only make the truck higher !! 2021 RANGER Derek
  11. How to lower the rear?

A 150 lightning has the rear axle on top of the leaf spring so lowering blocks installed between the leaf and axle would bring the truck height down, ( the thickness of the aluminum lowering blocks). But the new Rangers have the rear leaf spring on top of the axle so the only way to lower the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad